★ The Official "I got my Galaxy S4" thread ★

JSR

Reaction score
Using the device for about two weeks now. Excellent choice. I saw some complaints elsewhere about not being able to mute the device, which is in fact very simple (Power button > Mute). But the complaint about the screen lock is real: once you set it, you are stuck with it, unless you reset everything. the next significant software upgrade should include an option to (a) delete the screen lock code; or (b) re-set it to something else. Long story as to why I set it, but it's irritating to be unable to delete or adjust it. And forget telling me it's a "feature."

I am very happy with this device on almost every count.

BadeMillsap

Reaction score
Got S4 today.. From Droid3... Night and day... Intended NOT to allow the update so I could root if wanted but one of the dunning screens caught me off guard and I fat figured "update now" ... Oh well...

Love the speed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

JSR

Reaction score
Using the device for about two weeks now. Excellent choice. I saw some complaints elsewhere about not being able to mute the device, which is in fact very simple (Power button > Mute). But the complaint about the screen lock is real: once you set it, you are stuck with it, unless you reset everything. the next significant software upgrade should include an option to (a) delete the screen lock code; or (b) re-set it to something else. Long story as to why I set it, but it's irritating to be unable to delete or adjust it. And forget telling me it's a "feature."

I am very happy with this device on almost every count.

And now I have to recant. I just got the update 4.2.2 and the screen lock can be changed or removed, and there are multiple options. So I guess I have no complaints. Odd. =)

luddy

Reaction score
Just got mine yesterday. Hoping to get time tonight to get it out and set it up. Replacing my POS Droid Bionic!

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Just got mine yesterday. Hoping to get time tonight to get it out and set it up. Replacing my POS Droid Bionic!

You will love the S4 luddy. Upgraded from a Bionic a few weeks ago, love it! Adios Motorola!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jgiannettict

Reaction score
S4 is incredible. ...bye bye bionic!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

knightfall

Reaction score
got mine 2 weeks ago had to bring back to verizon because locking out during reboot but still loving it, this replaced the droid charge I'm loving the long battery life

Turtle Droid

Reaction score
I have had mine for 5 days now. It freezes up a lot, I did a factory rest to see if that fixes the problem. If it continues, I will be returning it to Verizon. In the mean time I have noticed that I can not uncheck anything in google sync. Any suggestions? When working it is very smooth.

Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have had mine for 5 days now. It freezes up a lot, I did a factory rest to see if that fixes the problem. If it continues, I will be returning it to Verizon. In the mean time I have noticed that I can not uncheck anything in google sync. Any suggestions? When working it is very smooth.

Thanks
Does it freeze with a certain app? Any apps that auto-refresh or anything?

luddy

Reaction score
I've noticed issues with my wireless sometimes where I cant download from the Play store or browse the web. As soon as I turn it off and use 4G it works fine. Not sure what is going on...old Bionic (hate to say it) was fine.

jgiannettict

Reaction score
Never had a prob....s4 rocks!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GVLBob

Reaction score

Turtle Droid

Reaction score
I completed a factory reset, I did not load my favorite launcher (Smart or lockscreen). So far after 24 hrs no problems. :icon_ banana:

Turtle Droid
Asus TF101-Rooted
Rarz - Traded In
Galaxy S4