The OFFICIAL "I got my HTC Droid DNA" thread

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello cdogg777,

Not sure how else to explain it man. A "hit", or web hit, is a term used for when someone goes to your website. If I click on a link, I just gave that website a "hit". +1 to their hitcount. Does that make sense? So by giving a link to another webpage, you may be indirectly taking "hits" away from the page where you posted the link. Whoever owns a page wants webhits. It's a pretty standard term used around the internet.
Hit (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that you've explained your use of that phrase in detail, it makes sense in the context you gave it. Thank you!

Please note that "taking hits" has certain other, also quite standard, meanings, and given how sparsely you put it originally I didn't want to make assumptions.

Take a hit Or Take the hit - WordReference Forums

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Taking the hit

Thanks again for your courtesy, and have a great rest of your day!

Jeff Deutsch

vannDROID

Reaction score
Just two questions before I go pick up a DNA tomorrow. First, do I have to use the cloud (google play) for pics and songs? And also what happens to all my pics and songs on my old device, HTC Incredible 2? How do they switch over to the DNA if it does'nt have a removable SD card?

cdogg777

Reaction score
Just two questions before I go pick up a DNA tomorrow. First, do I have to use the cloud (google play) for pics and songs? And also what happens to all my pics and songs on my old device, HTC Incredible 2? How do they switch over to the DNA if it does'nt have a removable SD card?
No.

You need to either use the cloud or put them on your PC. Connect your phone and usb to computer. Set phone to act as storage decvice(not charge only). Save files off to PC, once u get your new phone connect new phone to pc and move files back. DNA will pick up all files automatically. I did this already. Also, don't sell your phone back to verizon right away. Wait until you are sure you have removed everything you need. Also, be careful of the automatic download of ALL your apps and games.

indee2025

Reaction score
I wasn't eligible for upgrade until August 2013. I had an unlimited data plan, 450 minutes and 1K text. I walked in ready to pay full retail price in the morning. I decided to do some shopping and I returned later in the afternoon, asked for the same sales associate I talked to in the am so she could get the commission (she wasn't pushy). I was able to pick up the Droid DNA with an early upgrade for $300 plus $30 fee. After tax it came to $357. The sales woman also told me she was authorized to give whatever the difference is between what I paid for half the retail cost of the phone and the offer price of the DNA to new customers ($199) So the renwal of my contract (been with verizon since 2009) for $357 after tax gave me a new Droid Dna, a Nokia powermat (wireless charging station) an Otterbox defender case and a verizon car charger. I literally walked out with the Droid DNA and a bag full of accesories. I did give up my unlimited data plan but in all honesty, the usage history showed I don't go above 1.5 GB of data (when not using wifi) and both my home and work have wifi so I really don't use that much data.

The other cool part of this is that I paid $357, sold the clunky otterbox for $36, sold the iphone 4s I was using for $340, kept the $50 wireless charging station I would have bought anyway and $20 car charger, the ETF fee for breaking my contract is $350. So I got a $600 device plus $120 worth of extras for extending a contract I could cancel 28 days from now for $350 if I wanted to switch carriers. (after 30 days verizon wont ask for the device to be returned). I have no plans to cancel but to say the least, yesterday was an awesome day. I studied economics in college for a bit before I switched majors, I'll take a deal like that any day. Stoked!

Oh and my Droid DNA beat the hell out of my buddy's iphone 5 on speedtest.net so that was just an extra pat on the back.

Fojo123

Reaction score
Got my HTC Droid DNA yesterday. I love this thing! I had a basic phone before but I can still tell this screen is better than my friend's iPhones. New to Android so disabling and hiding apps, trying to conserve battery and data, etc. is all new to me but I'm having fun! And wireless charging is awesome, also.

If anyone would like to recommend apps, widgets, tips, anything else feel free to PM me.

vannDROID

Reaction score
I wasn't eligible for upgrade until August 2013. I had an unlimited data plan, 450 minutes and 1K text. I walked in ready to pay full retail price in the morning. I decided to do some shopping and I returned later in the afternoon, asked for the same sales associate I talked to in the am so she could get the commission (she wasn't pushy). I was able to pick up the Droid DNA with an early upgrade for $300 plus $30 fee. After tax it came to $357. The sales woman also told me she was authorized to give whatever the difference is between what I paid for half the retail cost of the phone and the offer price of the DNA to new customers ($199) So the renwal of my contract (been with verizon since 2009) for $357 after tax gave me a new Droid Dna, a Nokia powermat (wireless charging station) an Otterbox defender case and a verizon car charger. I literally walked out with the Droid DNA and a bag full of accesories. I did give up my unlimited data plan but in all honesty, the usage history showed I don't go above 1.5 GB of data (when not using wifi) and both my home and work have wifi so I really don't use that much data.

The other cool part of this is that I paid $357, sold the clunky otterbox for $36, sold the iphone 4s I was using for $340, kept the $50 wireless charging station I would have bought anyway and $20 car charger, the ETF fee for breaking my contract is $350. So I got a $600 device plus $120 worth of extras for extending a contract I could cancel 28 days from now for $350 if I wanted to switch carriers. (after 30 days verizon wont ask for the device to be returned). I have no plans to cancel but to say the least, yesterday was an awesome day. I studied economics in college for a bit before I switched majors, I'll take a deal like that any day. Stoked!

Oh and my Droid DNA beat the hell out of my buddy's iphone 5 on speedtest.net so that was just an extra pat on the back.

Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time. I gave up the unlimited data also but I got a feeling that was a mistake since my one-way commute is 1Hr and 15mins to work on the train to LA. So wifi is a must have. Or using hotspot to watch espn on my laptop.

jennahbarnes

Reaction score
I just go my HTC Droid Dna from this review site and I am loving it already especially with its beautiful design and display. Got a great deal too. However, part of me is wary about what others are saying about battery life. Too early to tell though.

And I hope I will learn how to deal with other issues here.

Benzart

Reaction score
HTC DROID DNA Hidden at Best Buy and Verizon stores.

I noticed this dog fight came from you At Best buy which is where I got mine last week. They did not have it on display anywhere and you had to Ask for it to see it. Their price is $149.99 nd was a Bargain with the 50$ free gift card. I've been looking locally for this phone for a couple weeks and neither Verizon store here had the DNA on display and one Did have it in stock and opened a new one to show me but it wasw Look don't touch! Even on Verizons web site you had to search for it as it was not in any lineup of smart phones, Strange?
Anyway It's a great phone just wish Best buy and Verizon would DISPLAY it.

rootmBX

Reaction score
Almost here...

Story: I've lived with a crappy Thunderbolt for 2 years now. Replaced just once, but have gone through 4-5 SIM Cards.

This time around they sent me an Incredible 4G LTE. I sent it back because it didn't have a battery. Called in and explained that due to my "fat fingers" and "poor eyesight" and coming from a larger Thunderbolt, the Incredible 4G LTE didn't really work out for me, especially since it didn't have a battery.

They said too bad. So sad. We're VZW and we da boss.

I said ok send it to me, but with a battery.

10 minutes later got a call from the same Texan-accented VZW Rep. Very nice lady.

She said they didn't have anymore batteries/doors for the INC.... so they were sending me a DNA! 0_0! WHADAHECK! Has anyone ever had an experience such as this before?

Also... do we have options for replacing the stock battery/door for an extended one, even though it's non-removable? And any recommendations on cases?

Everything is bigger in Texas!

curtney.lurve

Reaction score
It is a global phone :) I don't know what kind of charges are assessed for it but it is a feature! I just got my Droid DNA this morning and so far I'm extremely happy with it! It's a beautiful phone, the screen is amazing, as it the camera, and many other things! I love it, I would definitly recommend it to anyone!

coastiescott

Reaction score
I just got my new dna yesterday, unfortunately this is a busy work week for me so I won't get much time to play with it for a while!
My previous droids were droid 3 and then I downgraded to an X because I broke my phone, so this is a huge upgrade!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This phone is sick. I cant think of anything more than you would ever need from a phone. Seriously. Great Camera, Great Sound, Great Screen, super fast. Oh and the build quality is fantastic.. The S3 feels like a radio shack phone compared to this thing.

vannDROID

Reaction score
Has anybody lost their little rubber type cover for the charging port? I was wondering whether to just pull it off now to save the trouble.