The Official "I got my HTC ONE M8" Thread

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Viper is great choice ..I'm running it as well ..

M8 tap'd

I'll have to load it up, I saw that out of all the roms on xda that this was the one downloaded more often than the rest.

What toolkit are you using to unlock and root with?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'll have to load it up, I saw that out of all the roms on xda that this was the one downloaded more often than the rest.

What toolkit are you using to unlock and root with?

I followed instructions on this video to the letter ...he has one for s-off as well...I'm not on Verizon though..

How to Root your HTC One M8 - Full Guide: [video=youtube_share;WuHFcGvUjwA]http://youtu.be/WuHFcGvUjwA[/video]

M8 tap'd

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I followed instructions on this video to the letter ...he has one for s-off as well...I'm not on Verizon though..

How to Root your HTC One M8 - Full Guide: [video=youtube_share;WuHFcGvUjwA]http://youtu.be/WuHFcGvUjwA[/video]

M8 tap'd

Yea thats what I'm worried about , I have been reading and it seems that there still are some issues with unlocking and rooting VZW M8's.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yea thats what I'm worried about , I have been reading and it seems that there still are some issues with unlocking and rooting VZW M8's.

I thought there were only some issues with latest S-off...I think unlock and root good though ..I've not kept up with Verizon info .

M8 tap'd

doniago

Reaction score
Got my M8 in pretty Verizon red around 5:00 pm on Friday, had it rooted by 8:30, mostly so I could use Titanium Backup to restore from my old phone. Worked like a charm with only very minor issues so far.

Coming over from a Droid RAZR MAXX. Love the large and surprisngly clear screen. Love how zippy it is compared to my Droid. Getting a real kick out of the double-tap to wake up.

Battery life seems pretty good. I'm at 63% after having spent most of the morning in an area with very limited 4G (usually it drops down to 3G or even 1x) because I screwed up connecting to my work's wi-fi network.

I find having the notification light buried behind the speaker grille a little awkward, but, in a way, oddly stylish.

I miss some aspects of CyanogenMod, though I believe I could install that if I wanted to? I'm not seeing anything especially compelling me towards installing a ROM yet.

hkwise01

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the DNA to the m8. The overall size is very similar but the build quality is amazing. I cannot imagine going back to a phone without front facing speakers. I have noticed the signal strength is a little bit weaker than the DNA.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I just upgraded from the DNA to the m8. The overall size is very similar but the build quality is amazing. I cannot imagine going back to a phone without front facing speakers. I have noticed the signal strength is a little bit weaker than the DNA.

Congrats. Enjoy your new toy.

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score

I just upgraded about a month ago from the DNA too. Loved my DNA, but 16GB and no sd slot was killing me.

Now I got a 64GB micro dedicated strictly to music and the on board 32Gb is for apps and photos. The M8 is the best android phone I've owned yet.

Flying Kitty

Reaction score
I picked one up yesterday and I am pleased with the device. I do have a minor complaint about the overall length of the phone though. I run and use a sportsband to hold my phone in place and unfortunately this unit is too long for my current band. I'll just have to find another. With that minor issue aside my purchase of this phone came with a warning from the sales rep. She started off saying this phone was completely designed for the highest quality playback of music. Then she decided to inform me that the dual front-facing speakers have been known to be blown out if the volume was turned to max level. I don't see HTC letting a design flaw like this slip through so my question to the forum is: "Has anyone had an issue with the speakers messing up yet?"

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
No issues at all with speakers...I turn them up plenty ..congrats on phone

M8 tap'd

Caesars

Reaction score
Count me in on the m8! These speakers really blow me away lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk