The Official "I got my LG G3" Thread!

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I took the leap over the weekend. Upgraded from an S4. It was a tough decision between the M8 & G3. I went G3 because of the screen and the fact that I've owned Motorola Droids, HTC DNA & then S4 so I thought I'd give LG's best piece ever a try. I like it a lot so far. Waiting on my Verus Iron Shield case to arrive.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
"Upgraded," from my LG G2. The G2 was the best phone I've ever owned and I've had phones since long before the old StarTacs. ;)

After half a day of playing around, I have to say I love this phone ever so slightly more. They took an awesome phone--the G2--and made it better (even if only slightly). No, it's not leaps and bounds better but it's better.

I was considering this or the S5 and everything I read indicated it was a tossup unless the S5 (or G3) had something the other did not. I chose the G3 because I love the G2 and like what LG has been doing with screen technology so far (I have an LG TV and have it calibrated so it's extremely good--and I come from a color printing background and used to teach color theory).

I love the tap feature to turn the phone on with the G2 and the G3 takes it to another level with the patterns. It also is much more reliable and you don't have to tap as hard, you really just touch it. Much better.

I still love the buttons on the back but I think I like the power button on the G2 better--was raised a little more and easier to find.

So far I love the phone.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Congrats guys!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

jspradling7

Reaction score
You folks talked me into getting one. It arrived yesterday and I've been playing with it ever since. Haven't rooted it yet. I really like my G2 and it's battery life. The G3 camera (software?) is better but the battery life is noticeably shorter. I can't see good enough to appreciate the better display. Nice to have a replaceable battery though. Samsung's in trouble, the laggy touchwiz will be their downfall.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats.. Thanks for sharing...

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new phones, everyone. I'm enjoying reading everyone's first-hand impressions of the G3. Thanks! :)