The "Official" Waiting for an Update Thread

Durandgir

Reaction score
jerroedr said:
i was the ill wait for the ota guy on the d1.
Honestly, just root it. update the bootloader, update the radios, ****, load a custom rom. they are awesome.
All that stuff where your like dang I wish my phone did this, or that, custom roms do.... Not to mention free wifi tethering
I rooted my gnex the day I got it. Its easy breazy to do and well worth it

I agree its so simple. You can even use Wugs toolbox if you don't feel comfortable with commands. I only used it because I didn't have time to do the commands and they didn't play well with XP. Its simple and very hard to mess up

ProbStat

Reaction score
Still no VZW love in Maryland.

I'm reluctant to root because I believe in playing by the rules, but it's becoming more and more certain as time goes on that VZW is not playing by the rules because they have essentially stopped supporting this phone.

Durandgir

Reaction score
ProbStat said:
Still no VZW love in Maryland.

I'm reluctant to root because I believe in playing by the rules, but it's becoming more and more certain as time goes on that VZW is not playing by the rules because they have essentially stopped supporting this phone.

They stop support for many phones

jerroedr

Reaction score
correct me if Im wrong but this is the exact same 4.0.4 that has been available for months right?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
correct me if Im wrong but this is the exact same 4.0.4 that has been available for months right?

Identical build number, identical radios, identical size to the leak a couple weeks ago. This is different than the IMM30B leaked 4.0.4 though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for anyone who actually waited on this OTA...Verizon finally pulls their head out of their ass

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jerroedr

Reaction score
I have the choppy phone calls.... wonder why. im on 4.0.4

timrock

Reaction score
currently no service at all, have to reboot phone.

edit: rebooted, 3g icon is visible, four bars, all blue, cant send texts. Great.

wow, just unplugged the phone from charging. it was at 100%. I attempted to send the text, battery dropped to 93, woops, make that 92%.

Last edited: