[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for DROID 1 !!!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Theme - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Themes for the DROID 1
  • IMPORTANT NOTICE:
  • The 928Droid Black Glass Themes are NOT to be Modified, Released, Distributed or Uploaded to ANY other Websites, Forums, OR made available via any Market or 3rd Party apps (including all "Rom Managers") without permission.
    [*]IF any Developers or Individuals would like to use all or part of my Theme in their ROM, or Port it to another ROM/Phone, please send me a PM to discusss FIRST, thanks!
    [*]Please link to this thread ONLY, do not post or link to the direct Download links in this Thread. They are subject to change at any time without notice and will only cause confusion for the Droid Owners by possibly getting an older or corrupt version.
    [*]
    Why this Notice? Because as most know I update and enchance my Themes OFTEN... If my Themes are scattered all over the place in ROMs or uploaded and linked to other Downloads I cannot support it properly, and keep fellow Droiders up to date with the frequent enhancements I offer. By having my Theme files in one place YOU are assured to always have the latest and greatest versions of 928Droid Black Glass!! ENJOY!
  • 928DROID THEME UPDATE ZIP FAQ:
    • My Theme update.zips are just that, Themes, they are NOT complete ROMs. The Update Zips here ONLY include the Themed Apps (apk files) listed below, period!
      [*]You MUST install the Complete ROM you want from elsewhere FIRST...there are NO ROMs in this Thread, only Themes for ROMs.
      [*]Once you install the ROM of your choice from whichever ROM Developer (again, not here) , let it update all apps, etc and use it for a day or so to make sure it is stable BEFORE installing any of my Themes. A lot of the times the Problems you encounter are with the ROM, not my Themes!
      [*]My Themes only change the Image files of the apps included in the Theme Update.zips (with the exception of a few XML files related to the Status Bar / Notification Pull Pown).
      [*]Unless Noted in the App List below or under each Theme Update Description, the apps used are the exact same files included in the ROM you are using, with just different colored images... So saying you have problems after installing my Theme Update is usually incorrect.. hence the reason above for using the ROM for a few days before applying my Theme to find the "issues" of a particular ROM. Make SURE you have a STABLE ROM Installation before using anyone's Themes!
      [*]You MUST Chose the Theme Update.zip Download below that MATCHES the ROM you are using. For Example, using a Sapphire Theme Update on a Cyanogen ROM just ain't gonna work right!!
      [*]PLEASE Read the Paragraph Description for Each Download CAREFULLY....For example, if it says "For Simply Stunning v4.4 ONLY:"... that is exactly what it means, using it on any other ROM will give you problems!
      [*]IF you are unsure which of my Theme Update.zips to use, please ask in this Thread (and Include the name of the ROM you are using), BEFORE trying to install or even Download anything from here!
      [*]You can Install my Theme Update.zips with SPRecovery or Clockwork Recovery or ROM Manager AFTER you copy it to the root (main) directory of your Phone's SDcard...it is best to rename it to update.zip once there for easiest install.
      [*]ODEXED ROM or DEODEXED ROM??? - You must know this before selecting a Theme for your "Stock" Android ROM.
      • The only way to know for sure is to look at the files in your system/app and system/framework folders. If you have files in there with the file extension of ".odex" then you you have an Odexed ROM,.. IF there are NO ".odex" files then you have a DeOdexed ROM.
      [*]If you follow these simple guidelines you can then ENJOY the New 928Droid Black Glass "Droidness" on YOUR favorite ROM...without any drama (or Boot Loops :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      [*]
      Please do a search in this Forum if you are unfamiliar with Update.zip theming. Basically rename the files to update.zip(SPRecovery), put them on the root of your SDcard, boot into Recovery (SPRecovery or ClockWork) and apply Update.zip.
    • Don't FORGET to do a full Nandroid backup before applying these Themes!! You have been warned, and I take no responsibilty for any negative impact to your Droid!!
11932d1279381130-droid-holster-compatability-black-glass-divider-large.png

Theme - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for the DROID 1 - Update.zip - Back to Stock

928DroidBlackGlass2-2x-Plain-ReducedLogo.jpg

• NEW RELEASES !
    • 09/09/10 - NEW! www.928Droid.com Download Server ONLINE!!!
      • Now get all 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme files for the DROID 1 in one easy to use location (link below)
    • 09/09/10 - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Themes for Droid 1 has a new Home (here in this Thread)
    • 09/09/10 - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Sapphire v1.1.1 Released!
    • 09/07/10 - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.6 Released!
    • 09/04/10 - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Ultimate Droid eXtreme 8.0 Released!
    • 09/02/10 - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Sapphire v1.1 Released!
    • 08/30/10 - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x FRG22D DeOdexed Revision 2 Released!
      • Lots of Enhancements and Tweeks, Phone and DeskClock Theme Fix
    • 08/27/10 - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for CyanogenMod CM 6.0.0 now available in the Download Folder.
  • Over 43 Fully Themed apps!! This Theme that will change basically all Widgets, App headers, footers, menus to "Black Glass". Also all Menu Icons are enchanced and colorized (see screen caps below).
  • Theming of these Stock/3rd Party apps are included in the 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 Theme:
    • AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
    • Bluetooth.apk
    • Browser.apk
    • Calculator.apk
    • CalendarGoogle.apk
    • CalendarProvider.apk
    • CameraGoogle.apk
    • CarHomeGoogle.apk
    • Contacts.apk
    • CorpCal.apk
    • DeskClockGoogle.apk
    • DownloadProvider.apk
    • EmailGoogle.apk
    • Facebook.apk – 928Droid Special Edition "Black Edition"(Inverted) Version 1.3.1
      • Credit to TheBowers for the "Inversion"(images by 928Droid)
      • Note: Uninstall Market Version first if installed.
    • Gallery3DGoogle.apk
    • GenieWidget.apk
    • Gmail.apk -
      • New 2.2.1 Version
    • GoogleGoggles.apk
    • GoogleQuickSearch.apk
    • GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    • LatinImeGoogle.apk
    • Launcher2.apk
      • Incudes 928Droid "DroidDoes" Custom Wallpaper.
      • All Stock Wallpapers removed
        • Saves approx 4mb of Internal System/app Storage/Memory
        • Stock Wallpapers installed to SDcard/928Droid/Wallpapers
    • org.adw.launcher-1.apk "ADW Launcher" v1.0.1
      • Note: apk must be installed in System/app, as "org.ADW.launcher-1.apk" (CM6 Disregard)
    • LiveWallpapers.apk -
    • Includes 928Droid "Droid Does" Neural Network
    • Maps.apk– New 4.4 version
      • Note: Uninstall Market Version first if installed.
    • MediaUploader.apk
    • Mms.apk
      • Enhanced Version with Black Background "Inverted" option
      • Credit to Ruqqq, Takuo Kitame, jeagoss
    • MusicGoogle.apk
      • Changed to Music Mod Enhanced “Transparent Version” w/5 widgets
      • Credit to Eliot Stocker (images by 928Droid)
    • PackageInstaller.apk
    • Phone.apk
    • Settings.apk
    • SholesQuickOffice.apk
    • SoundRecorder.apk
    • Talk.apk - 928Droid Special Edition "Black Edition" (Inverted) Version
      • Credit to TheBowers for the "Inversion"(images by 928Droid)
    • Twitter.apk - New v1.0.2 version
    • Vending.apk
    • VoiceDialer.apk
    • VoiceSearch.apk
    • YouTube.apk
    • framework-res.apk
    • Videoplayer.apk
      • Droid X Video Player added to system/app

[*]services.jar

928DroidBlackGlass2-2x-Plain-ReducedLogo-sm.jpg

928Droid Black Glass Extras and Patch Files - Compatible with all Themes/ROMS (Unless otherwise noted)
  • Current Files available in the 928Droid Black Glass Download Folder for Extras and Patches:
    • 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Droid2 Multi-Touch Keyboard - Patch/Update Zip
      • Changes the Standard Black Glass Themed Keyboard to the Droid 2 Multi-Touch Keyboard!
      • Special Credit to TheBowers for the "White Text Code"
      • Note: This Update.zip is placed in the 928Droid Folder of your SD Card when the Main Theme is installed (with new "x" Releases).
    • 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Themed Standard Keyboard - Patch/Update Zip
      • Used for going back to the Standard Black Glass Themed Keyboard.
      • Note: This Update.zip is placed in the 928Droid Folder of your SD Card when the Main Theme is installed (with new "x" Releases)

928DroidBlackGlassX-DROID-logo-sm.jpg

928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Droid 1 FRG22D

11933d1279381143-droid-holster-compatability-black-glass-divider.png

928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for for Droid 1 FRG22D DeOdexed
  • Current Files available for the 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for DeOdexed FRG22D:
    • NEW!! 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for Deodexed FRG22D "r2" - UPDATE.ZIP Theme
      • OK for STOCK Froyo FRG22 DeOdexed ROMs ONLY!
    • NEW! 928Droid Black Glass "Back to Stock" for DeOdexed FRG22D - UPDATE.ZIP
      • OK for STOCK Froyo FRG22 Froyo DeOdexed ROMs ONLY!
    • Link: http://928Droid.com/Droid1.htm

928Droid Black Glass for Custom and “Source” Based ROMS
Including CyanogenMod, Liquid, Sapphire, Simply Stunning, Ultimate Droid and more to come!

928DroidBlackGlass2-2x-CM6-sm.jpg

928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for CyanogenMod
  • Current Files available for the 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for CyanogenMod:
    • 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for CM 6.0.0 "Final" version WITH ADW Launcher - UPDATE.ZIP Theme
      • This INCLUDES the Themed CM6 ADW Launcher and will delete Launcher2 if already installed.

[*]928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for CM 6.0.0 "Final" version WITH Launcher2 - UPDATE.ZIP Theme
      • This INCLUDES the Themed CM6 Launcher2 and will delete ADW Launcher if already installed
    • 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Themed CM6 ADWLauncher v1.1.4 Patch/Update.zip
      • This ONLY Includes the ADWLauncher.apk and removes the Launcher2.apk (if installed)!
      • Note: This Update.zip is placed in the 928Droid Folder of your SD Card when the Main Theme is installed.
    • 928Droid Black Glass Themed CM6 Launcher2 - Patch/Update Zip
      • This ONLY Includes the Launcher2.apk and removes the ADWLauncher.apk (if installed).
      • Note: This Update.zip is placed in the 928Droid Folder of your SD Card when the Main Theme is installed.
    • 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Droid2 Multi-Touch Keyboard - Patch/Update Zip
      • Changes the Standard Black Glass Themed Keyboard to the Droid 2 Multi-Touch Keyboard!
    • 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x CM6 Standard Keyboard - Patch/Update Zip
  • Link: http://928Droid.com/Droid1.htm
Please post Support Questions for the Black Glass CM6 RC-2 Theme in this Thread ONLY:
[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for CM 6.0.0 now available!

928DroidBlackGlass2-2x-Liquid-sm.jpg

928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Liquid ROMs

• Current Files available for the 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for Liquid:
    • NEW! 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.6 - UPDATE.ZIP Theme
      • Includes Black Glass Themed ADW Launcher v1.1.4
      • Includes Black Themed Gmail v2.2.1
      • 928Droid "Black Ediiton" GTalk and Facebook apps
      • 928Droid :TwitterDoes" Twitter app
      • Plus many more features

[*]928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Droid2 Multi-Touch Keyboard - Patch/Update Zip
      [*]928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Themed Standard Keyboard - Patch/Update Zip
    [*]LINK: http://928Droid.com/Droid1.htm
Please post Support Questions for the Black Glass Liquid v1.6 Theme in this Thread ONLY:
[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.6 now available!!

928DroidBlackGlass2-2x-Sapphire-sm.jpg

928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Sapphire
  • Current Files available for the 928Droid Black Glass 2.2.x Theme for Sapphire:
    • NEW! 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Sapphire v1.1.1 - UPDATE.ZIP Theme
      • Plus many more features

[*]Link: http://928Droid.com/Droid1.htm
Please post Support Questions for the Black Glass Sapphire v1.1.1 Theme in this Thread ONLY:
[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Sapphire v1.1.1 now available!!

928DroidBlackGlass2-2x-SimplyStunning-sm.jpg

928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Simply Stunning
  • Current Files available for the 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for Simply Stunning:
    • 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for Simply Stunning v4.7 - UPDATE.ZIP Theme
      • Details coming soon.

Please Post Support Questions for the Black Glass SS v4.6 Theme in this Thread ONLY:
[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 for Simply Stunning v4.7 now available!

928DroidBlackGlass2-2x-UltimateDroid-sm.jpg

928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Ultimate Droid
  • Current Files available for the 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for Ultimate Droid:
    • 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x Theme for Ultimate Droid eXtreme 8.0 - UPDATE.ZIP Theme
      • Plus mny more features

Please Post Support Questions for the Black Glass SS v4.6 Theme in this Thread ONLY:
[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Ultimate Droid eXtreme 8.0 now available!

928Droid Black Glass Screen Caps in Post #2 Below.....

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
The new site looks good, nice and clean.
Just a heads up, if you didn't know already, Google Maps v4.5.0 is in the Market.

Thanks.

Been cranking on new Maps all night.... It's a big app (4mb+) and has a ton of images...plus the new update has a lot of new images to edit/create.

I have one stubborn button I am trying to change and I am done, will probably upload Patch/Update to "Extras" file area later tonight.

otter34

Reaction score
I can't find the link for the clear see though naked contacts on this page, on your website or the original black glass theme thread. I'm using Ultimate droid if it matters. Is it no longer available or am I missing something?

otter34

Reaction score
928Droid Black Glass Maps v4.5 Patch/Update Zip released.

Available in the Droid 1 downloads

http://928Droid.com/droid1.htm

Be sure to uninstall the Maps 4.5 Market Update first if you already downloaded/installed it.

I can't find the link for the clear see though naked contacts on this page, on your website or the original black glass theme thread. I'm using Ultimate droid if it matters. Is it no longer available or am I missing something?
Or was the maps link the patch? Is this the wrong thread?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928Droid Black Glass Maps v4.5 Patch/Update Zip released.

Available in the Droid 1 downloads

http://928Droid.com/droid1.htm

Be sure to uninstall the Maps 4.5 Market Update first if you already downloaded/installed it.

Or was the maps link the patch? Is this the wrong thread?

Clear contacts not curently available, looking at a new version..hope to have more info soon.

otter34

Reaction score
I just flashed ss4.7 and can't read the text in the clock

edit: I figured out how to change the text for the notifications, but the clock is still black.

Also, do you know if I can use this theme along w/ the music controls w/ SS, i.e. pause music w/ the camera button, skip tracks w/ the volume button? It's not working for me and I wonder if it's ROM related or the combination of the theme w/ the ROM?

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I just flashed ss4.7 and can't read the text in the clock or any of the notifications. When I pull down notifications I have an astrid alert in the notification and I can clearly see the red character, however I can't read anything. Also, the clear button isn't visible either. Strangely some of the weather bug text isn't visible although it was just a few minutes when I was using UD and also BB. Actually from the pull down notification menu I can read the temperature, but "my city" is blackened. I also can't read anything to the right of that. I'm aware that their new update makes the text unreadable, however I still have an older version which was legible on every ROM up until now and I use the old version for this exact reason. For that matter I think that version rendered everything unreadable even the temperature which I can read easily.

On the top of my homescreen I have a white text selected for weather bug and I can read it on my homescreen. From left to right I can see that I have an astrid notification (red), it's 58(white), I can read 3g (white) and my status bars (green) as well as battery status, however can't read the clock which appears to be black.

SS 4.7 has it's own utility for changing all the Statusbar and Notification Text colrs.. Menu> Settings> Chevy

otter34

Reaction score
I just flashed ss4.7 and can't read the text in the clock or any of the notifications. When I pull down notifications I have an astrid alert in the notification and I can clearly see the red character, however I can't read anything. Also, the clear button isn't visible either. Strangely some of the weather bug text isn't visible although it was just a few minutes when I was using UD and also BB. Actually from the pull down notification menu I can read the temperature, but "my city" is blackened. I also can't read anything to the right of that. I'm aware that their new update makes the text unreadable, however I still have an older version which was legible on every ROM up until now and I use the old version for this exact reason. For that matter I think that version rendered everything unreadable even the temperature which I can read easily.

On the top of my homescreen I have a white text selected for weather bug and I can read it on my homescreen. From left to right I can see that I have an astrid notification (red), it's 58(white), I can read 3g (white) and my status bars (green) as well as battery status, however can't read the clock which appears to be black.

SS 4.7 has it's own utility for changing all the Statusbar and Notification Text colrs.. Menu> Settings> Chevy

Who posted that? It wasn't me ;-). Actually I must have been editing my text as you were typing it. I found it. I also found the option to change the clock after reading your post. I missed that the first time. Thanks and thanks for the great work

otter34

Reaction score

Not sure if you saw my changed post or not since we posted at the same time however do you know if the music control problem I have is rom or theme related?

edit: reflashed SS w/out the theme and it still doesn't work so it's not theme related

Last edited: