THEME for non rooted X?!?

jloya

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if (now this may be a noobish question) but if you could THEME your X without actually having to root it? The reason I ask is because with 2.2 right around the corner I dont want to root and then have to unroot

I really like the revolution Theme for the X but its noted that you must be running a deoxed 2.2

soo is this possible?

validoption

Reaction score
No. Best you can hope for is to use something like bettercut for custom icons or an alternate home launcher like ADW which has themes you can apply. The latter only affects the launcher itself, icons, app drawer, etc. and does not theme apps or the notification panel or the notification bar, etc.

No root, no proper themes.

Reaction score
I couldn't get myself to like ADW. Got any wisdom to change my mind? :D

Having 7 home screens, auto-rotating home screens, themes, and custom sized widgets were all positives for me. Plus it's free.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
I have launcher Pro on my phone right now and so far I like it, I was thinking about giving ADW a try. Does Does an ADW theme change the hideous keyboard on the X?

Also i saw home switcher in the market, would that allow me to switch between launcher pro and ADW while still saving my settings for both?

validoption

Reaction score
No. As I said, ADW themes will only theme ADW; none of the system elements will be themed. For that, you need root.

Home switched will allow you to switch between any installed launcher as well as the BlurHome stock launcher.

Reaction score
I couldn't get myself to like ADW. Got any wisdom to change my mind? :D
Having 7 home screens, auto-rotating home screens, themes, and custom sized widgets were all positives for me. Plus it's free.

Yeah, the free part was the only positive when I saw.

The home screens... I have 7 of those with Launcher Pro.

Custom sized widgets was another positive.

I guess the only things which bothered me were the clunky configuration, lack of missed text/call/email counts on the drawer and it didn't feel as fluid. If you can help me get around those issues I would love to try ADW again just because a lot of people seem to like it.

At this point.. I am tempted to buy the Plus version of LP.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
^ I have Plus version of LP and I havent seen a huge difference in it

However just for the sake of switching things up I might give ADW a try today at work if I get bored enough. Are the customizable widgets much different than what you can do with bettercut?

and validoption thank you for the clarification

Reaction score

However just for the sake of switching things up I might give ADW a try today at work if I get bored enough. Are the customizable widgets much different than what you can do with bettercut?

The reason I am tempted to get the plus version is for the widgets... they look like they are well designed and good to look at quickly for the information you want.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score

The reason I am tempted to get the plus version is for the widgets... they look like they are well designed and good to look at quickly for the information you want.

I havent been able to access the extra widgets? Im most likely doing something wrong...maybe someone can enlighten me

Jubz

Reaction score
I have launcher Pro on my phone right now and so far I like it, I was thinking about giving ADW a try. Does Does an ADW theme change the hideous keyboard on the X?

Also i saw home switcher in the market, would that allow me to switch between launcher pro and ADW while still saving my settings for both?

Home Switcher doesn't work on the DX, a known bug. I verified this myself, unsuccessful with stock and LauncherPro. Even though you can check off a default, stock or LauncherPro, hitting the home button always brought up LauncherPro. FYI.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score

Home Switcher doesn't work on the DX, a known bug. I verified this myself, unsuccessful with stock and LauncherPro. Even though you can check off a default, stock or LauncherPro, hitting the home button always brought up LauncherPro. FYI.

Thanks for the update, ill hold of on trying homeswitcher and just wait for 2.2 release and then rooot