[Theme] NexTheme for Droid X (BETA)

cypherx82

Reaction score
Everything's great, but one "bug" (I'm not even sure if it's a bug) is whenever you have a progress bar starting (like for a download or install,) it flashes between white with a faded outline (see cap below) and the progress bar on a grey background (instead of transparent) for a few (3-4) seconds before the download/install starts. Then it's normal.

Did this ever get fixed? I installed the v2 but I still have the downloads like that....

Yes, I have the .xmls files that fix this, I just haven't gotten to repackaging them :(

I should have it fixed tomorrow night.

Awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Updated OP w/ a new version that has the fixed .xmls for the progress bar.

If you're using an older version of NexTheme, all you need to push is the framework-res.apk.

cypherx82

Reaction score

If you're using an older version of NexTheme, all you need to push is the framework-res.apk.

I'll do it when I get into work. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

avt123

Reaction score

That's it? Don't need to update anything in metamorph?

dfitz

Reaction score
I was able to modify the framework-res.apk to change the battery icon to include percentages. I used the stock battery icon and overlayed the percentage.

I get it to show the percentages 0, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 fine but can't get 5, 15, 30, 50, 70, 90 to show up because they weren't in the original. What in stat_sys_battery.xml do I have to modify and how do I edit it? It comes up as gibberish when I try to use notepad and an xml editor I found online.

If it works, it can be posted for everyone.

liutarishi

Reaction score
This is a port of Manup456's NexTheme for the Motorola Droid X. It is meant to be run on the .604 update to Android 2.1.

This installation will require some work, though it is not too difficult. You just need to follow the instructions.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong in this process - Though with the SBF file now, it is almost impossible to brick a Droid X.

That being said, I didn't even need to restore while I was porting and testing this, so there should be minimal chance of any major mess-ups.

Changelog

V2.1: Fixed the horizontal progress bars (the weird behavior before a download, etc.)

V2: Fixed the pull down buttons so now you can read the white text. Themed MotoTorch and Ringer Control Widgets now included! Optional wallpapers can be found here:

nexpapers.zip

Instructions

1. Download 'MetaMorph' from the market. Run it once and grant it root permissions.

2. Download the following file:

NexTheme_V2-1.zip

3. Extract the file. Make a folder on your sdcard called nextheme. Extract the contents of the 'framework' and 'apps' folder into sdcard/nextheme. Extract the contents of the 'metamorph' folder into sdcard/AndroidThemes

4. We will first need to push framework-res.apk and services.jar to the system. Open up your terminal emulator or adb (preferably) and type:

Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/nextheme/framework-res.apk /system/framework/
reboot
after this reboot, you should notice a different status bar, but the clock and time will still be black.

open up terminal emulator (or adb) again and this time we'll push services.jar

Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/nextheme/services.jar /system/framework/
reboot
the following reboot will take between 3-5 minutes!

Now the clock and time, etc. will be white.

5. Now, fire up MetaMorph and choose unzip/extract new theme, select nextheme, and let it do it's thing extracting. Once it's done extracting, you can apply all the themes (for the apps), or apply only the ones you want.

6. Using the 'Files' app that comes with the Droid X, you can navigate to sdcard/nextheme and install the widgets if you'd like. You can see what they look like in the screenshots section.

7. Enjoy your new theme :)

Screenshots

neXtheme.png
nexthemehome.png

nexthemebrowser.png
nexthemesettings.png

nexthemewidgets.png

For even more screenshots, check out the original NexTheme thread here:

[THEME] NexTHEME-v2.0r2-Enom_1.9.2/CM_5.0.7.1 Back In the Kitchen! =) - Nexus Nation Forum

How to return to stock

Those looking to get back to stock can use this file:

Back_to_stock.zip

There are extra apps in the MM on purpose, since you can use this with other themes as well (and possibly more things will be themed in future releases of NexTheme)

Use the same instructions as installing this theme.
Hey Fabulous, i am a newbie, i am using terminal emulator and when i type cp /sdcard/nextheme/framework-res.apk /system/framework/ i get a message saying "no such file or directory. can anybody help me?

liutarishi

Reaction score
Hey Fabulous, i am a newbie, i am using terminal emulator and when i type cp /sdcard/nextheme/framework-res.apk /system/framework/ i get a message saying "no such file or directory. can anybody help me?

liutarishi

Reaction score

my phone is rooted. i have metamorph. i have been trying for hours

liutarishi

Reaction score
NexthemeV2

Hey, fabulous or anybody. i am using a terminal emulator i downloaded off the market called android terminal emulator. i put in su and it asks for superuser permission. then the next line is cool, but the third line it always says "no such file or directory(cp /sdcard/nextheme/framework-res.apk /system/framework/). can anybody help me. im a kind of retarded so can some put it on youtube. i tried everything. i have root explorer too. how do i extract. with root explorer or metamorph or the computer which? please help i like theme, but it seems im the only one who cant get it

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure that you put the framework-res and services files into the "nextheme" directory on your sdcard.

cypherx82

Reaction score

Please don't triple post.

fbmustang69

Reaction score

I did the update and didn't see a change in the download bar. Has anyone else tried the update?