Themes for Ultimate Droid 8.0

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
2 Questions:
1.Do I have to wipe even though Im running UD 8?
2.Is there any screenshots for the Hot Pink Glass theme?

Thanks! I switched my wife over from Jrummy's Kangerade pink theme last night and she wants something kind of like that on UD.

No wipe needed for a theme.

If you hunt up Cuttalott's Hot Pink Glass theme, his screenshots are in there. I just updated the theme to work with UD 8.0
Just make sure you are using the link in this thread or the thread I created and not the one in Cuttalott's thread. You will get a bootloop if you use his.

sunpoisoned

Reaction score
2 Questions:
1.Do I have to wipe even though Im running UD 8?
2.Is there any screenshots for the Hot Pink Glass theme?

Thanks! I switched my wife over from Jrummy's Kangerade pink theme last night and she wants something kind of like that on UD.

No wipe needed for a theme.

If you hunt up Cuttalott's Hot Pink Glass theme, his screenshots are in there. I just updated the theme to work with UD 8.0
Just make sure you are using the link in this thread or the thread I created and not the one in Cuttalott's thread. You will get a bootloop if you use his.

Great! Thanks much!

illmatic636

Reaction score
Lmao. Too funny how we can beast soo hard for something. Meanwhile it's been there for a week. Wish my friends shared the same love for these little devices!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
try installing a smoked glass theme and then install a blue theme without wiping and without flashing back to stock 1st. See what happens. I guarantee you wit won't be exactly what you want but I guarantee you it will be black and blue and different than anyone elses phone.

kratos

Reaction score
try installing a smoked glass theme and then install a blue theme without wiping and without flashing back to stock 1st. See what happens. I guarantee you wit won't be exactly what you want but I guarantee you it will be black and blue and different than anyone elses phone.

I don't know if your trying to be funny, rag on me, or being serious. I'm not sure I want to do that simply because the theme I have asked about is quite unique in that it combines the smoked glass with the blue, as compared to haveing some parts blue and some parts smoked.

If no one can or wants to do it, then no big deal, but I figured I might as well ask.

Kratos

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry buddy, I'd not rag on anyone. If you install a theme and then install another one without flashing back to the stock base 1st, a lot of times those themes will "merge together" so to speak. Like if i themed Handcent to be blue but the glass theme never did. My blue would remain even though you installed black over it.

If you like what you have keep it. Because doing what I said, who knows what it will look like.

mrcold

Reaction score
It actually works fairly well, though not perfect. I installed black and bold, followed by redrum, then red glass, and finally the red drop edge theme. It's not exactly what I want, but it looks better than any one of them did by themselves.

(although if I was a bit less of an r'tard, I'd take the time to learn how to get all of the hybrid darkedge red icons/widgets to work)

kratos

Reaction score
Sorry buddy, I'd not rag on anyone. If you install a theme and then install another one without flashing back to the stock base 1st, a lot of times those themes will "merge together" so to speak. Like if i themed Handcent to be blue but the glass theme never did. My blue would remain even though you installed black over it.

If you like what you have keep it. Because doing what I said, who knows what it will look like.

It seems that I have insinuated a tone in your first post and I apologize about that.

So, what you are saying is that if, for example, a blue theme makes the facebook widget lettering blue and a glass theme makes the outer edge glass, then it could be both blue and glass? I always assumed that not wiping would just replace one for one and not merge them. Example, blue theme has facebook icon as blue and glass has facebook icon as glass, then installing glass over blue would replace the blue icon with the glass one.

Maybe I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Kratos

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't think it would be that specific but you never know. Inside each apk file resides all of the icons for it. It really just depends on what each themer decided to theme and decided to leave alone.

Also, as far as non apps go.... inside the actuals ROM's framework-res.apk file are a bunch of xml files. There are tons (and I do mean tons) of edits that can be done in there. Those will always be overwrote by the new theme as it replaces the file. Even if they didn't touch it. Your difference will be in the png files and the .9.png files.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kratos.. no worries man.

Just make a nandroid backup 1st. That way, you can always go back to what you had if you don't like it.

kratos

Reaction score
I've been considering and researching rooting for the last five months and finally decided to take the plunge last week. UD8 is my second ROM and I really like it. I have about 6GB worth of backups since last Thurs already! LOL:biggrin: I have tried many different themes for UD8 and haven't noticed anything sticking around from one to the other. But, of course, I also haven't opened every app to check either.

I think I will restore a nandroid from earlier today and try what you said. I'm thinking of using the Blue Nex Theme and Black Glass to see how that looks.

Wish me luck.

Kratos

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Give it a go and let us know how it turns out. I did my ported Pink Glass for a friend running a different ROM and I told him it wouldn't be perfect and to expect anything. He had purple on there to begin with (wifes phone man) and I noticed right off from his screnshots that a lot of things were still purple. But a lot of stuff was pink too.