TheSavageSquid's NirtiScript Unthrottle Tool

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently unthrottled my Droid 2 and thought that the process was a little too confusing for most people. This tool follows the same idea as DarkOnion's Root tool. It simply runs the scripts that unthrottle your phone for you. Just unzip the file to your computer and run NitriScript.exe

Why NitriScript?

Nitris Oxide is laughing gas. It also makes cars go faster and propels whipped cream.

This is taking unthrottling and making it faster and easier, like putting nitris in a car.

Download:NitriScript - Mediafire

This was designed for the droid 2, I have no idea if it will work for other phones. Please email me personally if there are serious bugs as I do not check this site daily.

New Version Released!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...itroscript-unthrottle-tool-version-1-5-a.html

Last edited:
OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
@Palazuelosva - your phone's data is capped, you can only get a limited amount of data sent to your phone, unthrottling deletes the files that cap your data making it faster.

@blumpkinblake It should, if it doesn't function right it shouldn't make any changes as long as it goes through the full process.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I just tried it on my lap top and it says program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missing. What is that? What can I do?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I've tried this on my D2G, the program ran and said it completed, but after 2 20Mb downloads tethered to my laptop, I can't see any difference. Though for full disclosure I must say Verizon's mobile data in my area is atrocious.

Edit: after testing during off-peak traffic I have to report this hack as being the absolute best hack yet. Ten thanks.

Last edited:

louy99

Reaction score
How do I install this?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
This does not gaurantee a speed increase, and especially if you know you're in an area that gets bad speed, signal, service, etc., you might not notice a difference.

Try downloading a 5 GB torrent to your phone, only using 3G, after you do this hack. The speed, if it works on my d2g, should remain consistent and never drop below a certain amount (accounting for users in a cell area, signal strength and such).

I dont know if the files let verizon send commands to the phone for it to limit throughput, or if the files themselves are automatic, but this is what the throttle hack prevents: a speed loss from using 'too much' data.

Otherwise Im glad to see a hack for the 2/2global! Been waiting awhile now.

My issue though is that from what we've seen with team Get-R-Done, the global has an entirely different build and framework layout than the 2. Not to mention it has different drivers and files to accompany its cdma and gsm radios.

Can you confirm that this will work for the global squid? It would be very much appreciated!

louy99

Reaction score
I installed it. Didn't mess anything up so far :)

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
idk about the dll file, ill fix that but to see if its unthrottled, go to the program folder and go to classout/com/android/system and look for the throttleservices file, if its not there you're unthrottled, you only notice a difference when u have 3-4 bars of service. It takes off tha cap that limits the ammount of data you can recieve at a time.