Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What are your thoughts.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
OK? Sorry I'm a bit of a motor head. This is the way its always been. It's nothing new. I didn't watch the entire video so i don't know if he mentions this but when you see RWHP as opposed to HP, RWHP is the actual amount of horse power being put to the ground. It takes a dyno to get those numbers. RWHP stands for rear wheel horse power. My Jeep Grand Cherokee has a Hemi rated for 360 HP but I know because it has full time 4wd I'm only putting about 305 HP to the ground. That 4wd eats up a lot of power. That's life with every car.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK? Sorry I'm a bit of a motor head. This is the way its always been. It's nothing new. I didn't watch the entire video so i don't know if he mentions this but when you see RWHP as opposed to HP, RWHP is the actual amount of horse power being put to the ground. It takes a dyno to get those numbers. RWHP stands for rear wheel horse power. My Jeep Grand Cherokee has a Hemi rated for 360 HP but I know because it has full time 4wd I'm only putting about 305 HP to the ground. That 4wd eats up a lot of power. That's life with every car.

Yup, it is not new as I learned that back in tech school. At the end of the day unless you just about that life of hitting the track, most drivers can barely handle what they have and those (not all people just some) that do get a sports car end up upside down somewhere or worse. Not that I am against sports cars at all. As it's not the fault of the car as we have people feeling that liking a tweet is more important than the cars around them. I just like finding different things outside of tech to talk about and get others opinions on.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I just think it's funny that this guy is trying to make a big deal over what is common knowledge.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
He also forgot to mention that "SAE net crank" horsepower also does not include the ancillary devices. No power steering pump, alternator, fan clutch some manufacturers even remove the water pump and force feed the water through. I do think his power loss percentages were quite a bit off. 4-10 percent is more realistic. But that depends on how much the manufacturer skews the numbers. A Lamborghini Diablo vr4 will have 15 percent loss. A skewed high HP figure and an extremely inefficient AWD system.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk