Thread For Emergency Problems/Questions

Chynabeast

Reaction score
I actually looked around before asking in here but Im panicking. I rooted my x2 and let my brother play golf from my phone. He got a message to update AND HE DID IT!!!! omg.. I asked my friend who is the one who rooted me the first time and he I think screwed me worse. He reset the phone but it did not revert back. Everything been deleted except superuser. Please someone help me get my happiness back lol I know dramatic.. but I loved my rooted DROID x2 so much!
~Chyna

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I actually looked around before asking in here but Im panicking. I rooted my x2 and let my brother play golf from my phone. He got a message to update AND HE DID IT!!!! omg.. I asked my friend who is the one who rooted me the first time and he I think screwed me worse. He reset the phone but it did not revert back. Everything been deleted except superuser. Please someone help me get my happiness back lol I know dramatic.. but I loved my rooted DROID x2 so much!
~Chyna

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Oh no! But I think u can sbf back to 2.2.2 and start over. I don't think will be able to just go back to right before the update. Unless u have a nandroid made. Sry not much more info other than a recommendation to freeze FOTA next time so the update wont ever reach ur phone.

Am I right MikeJ?

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Correct He Needs To Flash Back And Start Over. Follow The Directions In My Stickies. Use A Program To Freeze FOTA And Updater If They Exist. Any Other Questions Please Post And Either I Or Someone Else In The Community Will Respond With An Answer.

Good Luck.

wrxman17

Reaction score
Hey I wiped my data on gingerbread pre-root. So I went into the bootstrap and installed the eclipse 0.4 zip and now it is just bootlooping. What should I do?

wrxman17

Reaction score
how do i factory reset? I don't know how to get into the bootstrap?

wrxman17

Reaction score
I tried that.... It won't go into the bootstrap.... I went into android recovery... and factory reset. Should I just SBF?

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I tried that.... It won't go into the bootstrap.... I went into android recovery... and factory reset. Should I just SBF?

Don't Understand Why It's Not Going Into Recovery, If The Battery Icon Shows Up Then Yes SBF. Somehow You Lost The Recovery. Sure You Waited Long Enough To Get Past The M Logo?

wrxman17

Reaction score
yeah i've done it before and its been like 5 minutes.... I think when I wiped the data on the stock android recovery I lost the bootstrap.

Thanks for you help mike

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
You're Welcome.

Maybe. Never Heard That Before. I Don't See How Because It Shouldn't Touch Or Replace Charge Mode. I'm Gonna Test It To Verify That Statement.

wrxman17

Reaction score
So upon sbf I went and downloaded gingerbreak then the bootstrap recovery to restore my prerooted gingerbread nandroid back up and its stuck at the M Screen... What gives?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
wrx.. just a guess here but.. you are on froyo and trying to install a GB restore. Try installing the pre root GB and then install your restore.