Thunderbolt notification settings keep changing on their own

wonton

Reaction score
The email notification settings, update schedule of days and times keep changing on their own. When I check the settings, they are completely different from what I had previously set. I have three different emails (yahoo, gmail, cox). This sometimes happens more than once a day. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thank you.

Winkyboy

Reaction score
I do not have an answer; I experience this problem, too, but I can testify (having had MANY Android phones before now) that this is not just a Droid problem. Hoping yet to find an answer...

... a quick edit: Rotkaeqpchen over at XDA says, "The ringtones: Thats because everytime you mount your usb cable and access the sdcard the link to the ringtones and notification tones gets lost. Putting these as a root user in system/media prevents them from getting lost. try it."

That makes a lot of sense to me.

Last edited:
OP
W

wonton

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Winkyboy. I finally solved my problem by going back to the iPhone (4S). Enough was enough. I had nothing but problems with my Thunderbolt; which I named the " Trouble-bolt". I was on the fourth phone that Verizon sent me and that was the end of it. My problems ranged from a frozen touchscreen to not receiving emails, and on and on. . . Boy was I disappointed with that phone; Yes, it was lightning fast - when it worked!