Time for a new case....

DC4MVP

Reaction score
Had an OtterBox Defender on my Turbo 2. Today, I set my phone on top of a brick. Eventually the brick fell, the phone slid off, and the brick landed corner first on my phone. Screen and phone itself are fine but the screen protector on the Defender has a nice 3 inch scratch right down the center.

One thing I noticed about the Defender is how utterly useless it is when it comes to dust getting under the screen protector either from work or just the common household dust. I find myself taking the Defender off 2-3 times a day and getting the dust from the other side of the screen protector.

I know it comes from the camera and battery areas but are there any new Turbo 2 cases that keep dust from getting under the screen?

jplemt

Reaction score
I always put a tempered glass protector on the screen and remove the Otterbox plastic one from the case. I haven't had any issues from this, plus your keep dust from your screen and have the advantage off a glass protector.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6
OP
D

DC4MVP

Reaction score
Any particular brand you go with?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
+1 for the Verizon brand protectors. We've used them for the past couple years with our S5s and they've provided great protection & saved us from two cracked screens.
Good luck with whatever you decide. Tempered glass is the way to go on any new device.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First thing I do after opening the package of a Defender is yank the built in screen protector off. I doesn't quite touch the phone screen creating all kinds of problems like dust between and false touches. I agree, glass is the best way to go after ripping of the built in one.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
First thing I do after opening the package of a Defender is yank the built in screen protector off. I doesn't quite touch the phone screen creating all kinds of problems like dust between and false touches. I agree, glass is the best way to go after ripping of the built in one.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Yes that's the first thing..the second thing is to get rid of the adhesive that held the plastic on...or else you could mess up you glass screen protector... Easy to do with your finger and some dishwashing liquid in the sink..rinse it off...dry and use it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have an Armor Suit plastic screen protector. Love it. I don't like glass. You can always tell when a glass protector is on. Not so this Armor Suit. It won't protect the screen from cracking but...uh....Turbo 2?!?! :)

Sent from Turbo II

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes that's the first thing..the second thing is to get rid of the adhesive that held the plastic on...or else you could mess up you glass screen protector... Easy to do with your finger and some dishwashing liquid in the sink..rinse it off...dry and use it.
I guess I should've elaborated. That's part of the removal that I thought too obvious to mention, like starting my truck is too obvious to mention before driving it to work if I talk about my drive to work.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I guess I should've elaborated. That's part of the removal that I thought too obvious to mention, like starting my truck is too obvious to mention before driving it to work if I talk about my drive to work.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

I get that..but when you're just starting out doing something...what's obvious to others..may not be so obvious to the beginner...