Tip: Save Battery Life

stonedoubt

Reaction score
I have seen alot of people complaining that their battery life is very short and I was having the same problem until I figured out how to fix the issue. When you aren't using your phone to use the internet you can shut off data services by going to Settings >> Wireless & networks and turning off "Mobile network" (right under VPN settings).

This does mean that your apps like facebook, email, etc won't work while it's off... but it's pretty easy to turn it back on and run the apps. I have found that the battery lasts a long time that way... typically it will only use 3-4% of the battery overnight if you shut off the data services.

NOTE TO MODERATOR: This is a dupe thread because I haven't posted alot here and missed that there was a battery specific forum until after I made the first post. Please feel free to delete the first post.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
I have seen alot of people complaining that their battery life is very short and I was having the same problem until I figured out how to fix the issue. When you aren't using your phone to use the internet you can shut off data services by going to Settings >> Wireless & networks and turning off "Mobile network" (right under VPN settings).

This does mean that your apps like facebook, email, etc won't work while it's off... but it's pretty easy to turn it back on and run the apps. I have found that the battery lasts a long time that way... typically it will only use 3-4% of the battery overnight if you shut off the data services.

NOTE TO MODERATOR: This is a dupe thread because I haven't posted alot here and missed that there was a battery specific forum until after I made the first post. Please feel free to delete the first post.

Or so you don't totally turn your data off, get LTE OnOFF TeamAndIRC from the market and manually switch to CDMA only. Saves a lot of battery also. :D