Too root it or just sell it

337gtikid

Reaction score
the main issue im having with my thunderbolt is its ability to connecr to 4g/3g services. Ive gone through verizon adn done everything from factory reset to new sim cards, etc etc. There is obviously a problem with the radio because my first thunderbolt never had an issue getting data connect in coverage areas. Most of the time my TB says 1x or no data at all and if it does connect to 4g it doesnt last long. Ive come down to 2 options should i sell it and try and get another one/ something better, or could i root it and get software to improve the data connectivity of the phone, if that kind of software exist? what do you guys think

Javaknight

Reaction score
I say to root it and put a Team BAMF ROM on it. I'm running BAMF Forever 1.0.7 and believe me it is a brand new phone compared to what it was and I haven't even overclocked it yet...

I love my Thunderbolt!!!

OP

337gtikid

Reaction score
theres still soo much i have to learn about rooting but it seems like a good choice, i just hope that once i do root it, and it doesnt solve my problem i could still sell it.

tnhockey

Reaction score
I say to root it and put a Team BAMF ROM on it. I'm running BAMF Forever 1.0.7 and believe me it is a brand new phone compared to what it was and I haven't even overclocked it yet...

I love my Thunderbolt!!!

+1 to this. i was skeptical to root bc I'm a noob to all that stuff. now I'm rooted and running bamf forever as well. theres tons of videos and write ups on it. i watched a youtube video that walked me through and it was super easy. I'm so glad i did bc like that guy said, its like a brand new phone.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Root and rom is a wonderful thing and can bring new life to a phone.

But I'm not sure that the problem you describe will be resolved by this alone. You can always try a different set of radios...

I always recommended roms but I would possibly have Verizon replace your phone then root and rom.

The Galaxy Nexus is being released in the next couple weeks which would be a great alternative if you want something new.

RVC

Reaction score

I love my Thunderbolt!!!

^^This^^

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
I agree but it may not solve the original problem.