[TOOL] ezSBF

Inelastic

Reaction score
Other than telling me that it identified my phone as a Droid X, it sbf'd my phone flawlessly. Thanks for putting this out, really makes it easy to do.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
gpoo job with this.

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad it worked for ya Inelastic

Thanks pc

phoenixus

Reaction score
Is there anyway someone could put this .iso on a shared dropbox? I'm in a place where I can't download the file and need to SBF

phoenixus

Reaction score
Scratch that guys, I was able to get this downloaded and it worked flawlessly. Thanks!

pyro6128

Reaction score
I really have to thank you. I just sold my droid 2 (got a d3) and had to factory reset. I was running liberty. For some reason the factory reset caused bootloops. I tried everything and nothing worked, which was pissing me off. And on top of all that, I had just discovered my cable box didnt have an hdmi out so I can't hook up my logitech revue until i get it swapped (I mentioned that to show its one of those days where NOTHING is working out the way it should haha). As you can imagine I was furious that everything kept going wrong. This tool worked amazingly and made my day much less stressful.

Thanks a ton man

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad it's working for everyone!

There was a post on the last page about uploading to dropbox but then he was able to get it downloaded, please just link this thread when telling people about it so they download from my link (I like to track my download numbers). If at any time the dl link isn't working let me know (PM or post in this thread) and I'll get it fixed up ASAP.

ShadowCrit

Reaction score
Well I used the tool and it didn't go very well for me. Here is what I went though.

1)Downloaded and Burned .iso. Did a verify just incase.
2) Booted and ran the script pressing 1 while my phone was connected and in bootloader mode.
3) It finished instantly. At this point, my phone said, "Updating SW." I let this run for like 3 minutes and i came back and err:43,54,00 came up.
4) I ignored this thinking it maybe normal, and followed the step, "Remove battery and reinstall battery. Then press and hold the Power button and "X" button until the motorola logo/triangle appears and press the "Search" button.
5) I did this for about 45 seconds and a Bright white screen flashed and said ERROR PLEASE REMOVE BATTER AND POWER UP AGAIN. or something very close to that.
6) Now I did this and when i turn on my phone it says,"

Bootloader
D2.37
Err:A5,69,4E,00,40

Battery OK
Ok to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

So what would be my next step? or did I totally mess up my phone and now I have to replace it?

Thanks!

jaa185

Reaction score
I would try to sbf again from that screen. Boot off the cd until you are at that menu again. Attach USB cable and follow the instructions from there. That's kinda what I did on my phone, minus your errors

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ShadowCrit

Reaction score
O.k will do. I'll edit with the results.

EDIT:

So, I did as you suggested jaa185, and nothing. The same thing happened. Then I realized I didn't have my Micro SD card in because I had put it in a sd card so i can do a quick backup. I reinsert the Micro SD card and it worked perfectly =D.

I don't know if the multiple tries did it, or if you need to have the SD card in for it to work, but it worked =D

Thanks a lot for this tool!

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow, very very strange. You shouldn't need an sd card installed for this to work and I have no explanation as to why it didn't work for you the first time.
I'm glad you got it up and going though.

phoenixus

Reaction score
Great tool, but I have a quick question.

I uused this to sbf from cm7 so I could take the upcoming ota. Everything is running smooth but I noticed that I now apparently have all the droid x ringtones.

Is it possible there are droid x versions of apps that will mess my phone up wwhen I try to install the ota?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums