[TOOL] ROOT for Razr HD - Verizon XT925/XT926

TruEastSydeBoi

Reaction score
Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

Instructions:
  1. Download
  2. Unzip
  3. Install Motorola Drivers
  4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
  5. Plug Into PC
  6. Run The Batch File "Run"
  7. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
  8. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom
**UPDATE**JellyBean OTA In order to update to the latest OTA without losing root you need to:
  • Be Rooted on ICS
  • Use VooDoo Rootkeeper to do the following
  1. Protect Root
  2. Temp Unroot
  3. Take the JB OTA
  4. Restore Root
Enjoy being both on the latest and rooted. Remember, do not just take the update without doing both those two things as there is no root exploit currently available for JB.

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How to Unroot:

You can manually unroot your Droid by using a root file manager program (such as root explorer) and mountsystem as R/W. Then delete the following:

/system/app/Superuser.apk
/system/bin/su
and if it has it
/system/xbin/su
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downloads:
Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
Root File Mirrors:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

Hit thanks if this made you happy!

Screenie:
Screenie of Razr HD Root.png

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenburg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Should update the OP to say that you need to be on ICS in order to root. :) I know its a the bottom but it should be one of the first things mentioned.

Sent from my CM 10.1 XT926

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Well it was easy. I ran the Voodoo RootKeeper app, protected root, then temp unrooted. Ran the JB update. Restored root with Voodoo. Checked with root checker and titanium backup. No luck, root is gone. I'm sure somewhere in there I did something wrong. Looks like I will be waiting for a JB root procedure. Thanks still to TruEastSydeBoi.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
is there no root for Jellybean, i ran jellybean SBF

Partially true. If you have an unlocked bootloader on the XT925 or the Developer Edition XT926 you can root JB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

imagecolour

Reaction score
Partially true. If you have an unlocked bootloader on the XT925 or the Developer Edition XT926 you can root JB.

Thanks for the reply, i mean to ask , if i have a full SBF of Jellybean , is it possible to root it rather than root ICS and upgrade to Jellybean.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Thanks for the reply, i mean to ask , if i have a full SBF of Jellybean , is it possible to root it rather than root ICS and upgrade to Jellybean.

Unfortunately, no.

ztucker86

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just got my razr hd last week and decided to root. I used this motofail2go utility and the first time it didn't work, then I
tried it a second time and it seemed to work, but when root checker is saying that it the device does not have proper root
access. So, I figure since it isn't rooted, I can get the OTA Jelly bean update, but that isn't working either. I'm not really
sure where I screwed up, but I reckon I did at some point in the process. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

KaChow

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just got my razr hd last week and decided to root. I used this motofail2go utility and the first time it didn't work, then I
tried it a second time and it seemed to work, but when root checker is saying that it the device does not have proper root
access. So, I figure since it isn't rooted, I can get the OTA Jelly bean update, but that isn't working either. I'm not really
sure where I screwed up, but I reckon I did at some point in the process. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

The OTA of JB is not working... Which this [TOOL] ROOT for Razr HD - Verizon XT925/XT926 = IS ONLY MEANT TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ROOT FROM ICS 4.0.4, AFTER THAT YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!!! If you follow my thread [TOOL] Easy Root Komplete, I help you Downgrade to ICS 4.0.4> then GET ROOT> Help you to get the Security Update 0.7.2> Help you GET Jelly Bean 4.1.1. My thread is constantly changing, being updated at alarming Daily rate, with all of the changes and comprehensive steps to KEEP THINGS EASY.

ztucker86

Reaction score
Cool, I kinda figured that was what was going on after doing some research. My next question would be how do I just get back to factory settings; my situation now is that i will try to update the software and once the update downloads and the phone reboots, the I get the android with the red triangle while it's installing the update. I figure if I can actually get it back to factory, I can just start over. Thanks for the info.

buski

Reaction score
thanks for this root tutorial .worked great on my fido gsm xt925 .