Tried to install SPRecover but......

eggebarwood

Reaction score
After going throught the steps and getting 100% complete on RSDlite my phone now keeps turning on and off, has dead battery, wont charge, and when on says process sytem not responding. I need help and yes I am new to all this! Thanks in advance.!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're using a Droid1 correct? What file did you flash? Sounds like a kernel issue to me.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
E

eggebarwood

Reaction score
When I try to go into the bootload screen it says battery too low to program

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do you have another battery or someone's Droid battery that you can use? If not, it may call for the "butchering" the power cable trick.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
E

eggebarwood

Reaction score
nope no other battery I can use....so what is this butchering thing?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
First off, can you get into recovery? If you can then you can mount the SD card to a PC/Mac/Etc and load the kernel from within SPRecovery. If you cannot then you will have to get an old USB cable you don't like much anymore, or that is just laying around and never been used, or that killed your dog when you were a kid and you've been wishing to get revenge on all these years and use a wire stripper on it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hahaha!!!! He's crazy but VERY smart!
FBM: I thought about the recovery method until I saw that his phone won't turn on.

First off, can you get into recovery? If you can then you can mount the SD card to a PC/Mac/Etc and load the kernel from within SPRecovery. If you cannot then you will have to get an old USB cable you don't like much anymore, or that is just laying around and never been used, or that killed your dog when you were a kid and you've been wishing to get revenge on all these years and use a wire stripper on it.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
E

eggebarwood

Reaction score
wont go into the bootloader...so what is this wire cutting thing? It looks like that is the road I am going to go down.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Still have the guide for that FBM? I know you cut the connector that actually plugs into the phone (micro USB) and find the red and black wires, strip the insulation, and twist the wires. Not 100% after that.

DroidForums junkie!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Credit to csealpcr and whoever else originally posted it.

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.

1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.