Turbo, Moto X(2) or Nexus? Sigh.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm so far liking the Turbo. No SD slot isn't a big deal with cloud storage, portable wireless storage and such. I carry the RavPower wireless Filehub which gives wireless Wi-Fi portable unlimited cloud storage and doubles as a backup battery.

The screen specs are off the charts as is the camera. 3GB is great, a 50% improvement in RAM will have to translate into at least 10-15% improvement in performance.

I do love the Moto X performance and features. Maybe they'll bring them over to the Turbo. Just waiting to see what the Nexus brings to the table.

I'll make my decision then. For now, Turbo has my vote.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Tough decision....all are or most likely will be excellent phones. For me, I plan to go with the Turbo as my next phone. Probably not until sometime next year, but that's what I plan to get to replace my Droid Maxx.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The G3 is still in the running for me. I love that circle case and it feels slimmer then the Galaxy.

For me: G3 -or- Moto X Dev Edition -or- Turbo -or- Sony Z3 if it comes to VZW.
Everything riding on the TUrbo though. If I don't love it I decide...

I, for one, am still not sure about bailing on SD storage. Maybe for a 64GB phone...
Cloud storage sucks for music,. sorry. I don't have unlimited data (well I sort of do, but it's work so...)
I even tried it. I loaded 12GB into Google Music. The app sucks compared to real apps like Media Monkey or PowerAMP.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
@saj It's a long time between now and then my friend. A few more amazing devices will surely be out by then to make your decision even more difficult.

tap'n on my S5

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@saj It's a long time between now and then my friend. A few more amazing devices will surely be out by then you to make your decision even more difficult.

tap'n on my S5
Very true!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LOL. IKR?

REMINDER Sony event is @ 1:30EST today in case anyone forgot. :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah the z3 will release on vzw supposedly...

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The G3 is still in the running for me. I love that circle case and it feels slimmer then the Galaxy.

For me: G3 -or- Moto X Dev Edition -or- Turbo -or- Sony Z3 if it comes to VZW.
Everything riding on the TUrbo though. If I don't love it I decide...

I, for one, am still not sure about bailing on SD storage. Maybe for a 64GB phone...
Cloud storage sucks for music,. sorry. I don't have unlimited data (well I sort of do, but it's work so...)
I even tried it. I loaded 12GB into Google Music. The app sucks compared to real apps like Media Monkey or PowerAMP.

Hmm... Circle case, have to research.

Moto X Dev Edition is definitely what I would want if I went Moto X. I have a Dev Edition of the OG Moto X, and love the Wireless Tether Hack! LOL!

Would have loved 64GB, but I do have unlimited data, and the RavPower wireless Filehub (RAVPower FileHub Wireless SD Card Reader with 3000mAh Backup Battery Wireless Mobile Storage Media Sharing WLAN Hot Spot NAS File Server is actually quite amazing. I keep it in my computer bag, keep it on WIFI, and it has WIFI Passthrough, so I have it configured to the home and office WIFI, I get the WIFI to the Internet and WIFI to the personal cloud storage on the device itself. It supports SD, MicroSD (with adapter), USB Thumb Drives and even USB External Drives. I have a 500GB External Drive and a MicroSD 16GB in it together.

Google Music is OK for music stored on their servers, but I have a 3TB NAS Drive at home with all my music on it, and I use Google Music to pull from that. For me, the over 4,000 albums (showing my age), I have stored on it i.e. CDs available completely wireless is fine for me. All CDs are ripped to Lossless FLAC and they play perfectly, no skipping at nearly 1MB/Sec. while in my car and otherwise.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've been pleased with storing the majority of my music on the cloud as well. I live in a strong 4G area so YMMV in that regard.

tap'n on my S5

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Google Music is OK for music stored on their servers, but I have a 3TB NAS Drive at home with all my music on it,

Check out the Media Monkey Beta paid app. It will synch over WiFi to your NAS.