Turning off wifi network notification?

Signum

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the available wifi network notification post ICS? Its quite annoying and I would like to have it turned off

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
A) Turn WiFi off.

B) Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced -> deselect Notify me, Open network, and Secure network

jaqsyd

Reaction score
Thanks bswestness, was wondering how to do that too

OP
S

Signum

Reaction score
A) Turn WiFi off.

B) Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced -> deselect Notify me, Open network, and Secure network

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

G Hacker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Optimus F3
My Virgin Mobile LG Optimus F3 does not have this option. I've looked on many sites and the all point to the Advanced wifi location, but my Advanced only has the following options:

Wi-Fi Auto Controls
Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep
Avoid Poor Connections
MAC Address
IP Address

I've seen some sites that say to turn on the Avoid Poor Connections, but that didn't fix my problem.

There are two bad issue with having the phone try to auto login to the Internet:
1. When walking around Wal-Mart, it continually prompts to connect to the McDonalds.
2. When traveling, I set up a router with a hard drive of movies for the family. Our old phones (different model) works fine, but the Optimus F3 every few minutes brings up a web page saying that it could not connect to the internet. I don't want it to connect to the internet, just the router so it can see the the DLNA server coming from the router.

Any thoughts?

I've tried looking through all the settings and trying different things, but no luck. I thought maybe one of the apps is trying to connect to the Internet when it detects wifi, but i think that i have tried uninstalling all the apps that i think would do that, such as Dropbox. Just in case it is an app trying to go out to the internet, any ideas on an App that would tell me which one?

thanks!