Two notifications one text message

quanb24

Reaction score
I have handcent installed and every time i get a text message i get two notifications one from handcent and another from messages. I dont know why I get one from messaged when I disable notification from my stock text message app can anyone help? here what it looks like
am45dd.jpg

291g8ch.jpg

kptphalkon

Reaction score
You just need to go into the settings for the other messaging app and turn notifications off

OP
Q

quanb24

Reaction score
i did that and i still get double messages

runswithpickles

Reaction score
When you send a message does a box appear asking you which text service you want to use?

I use GO SMS and checked the box to use GO SMS every time and now I only recieve one notification.

But I still get two notifications for emails that I'm trying to figure out.

illmatic636

Reaction score
go into the native messaging app and shut off the notifications. you have a 3rd party messaging app notifying of incoming test messages.

That is actually a widget that you have for text messages. You may not need it cause you have Sense now.

motty69

Reaction score
Why do you have a battery monitor when you have one by default... gross.

If I'm not mistaken the second battery monitor is from ZDBox (which is a great little app). It defaults to a battery monitor but you can change it. I have it displaying the number of apps running.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

PatrickJ

Reaction score
I used Hancent on my D1 for a long time but I was hesistant adding it to the T-Bolt. Does the stock message app still receive incoming messages in the inbox even though you're using Handcent? Also...does this slow down the Thunderbolt?

BGKris

Reaction score
Why do you have a battery monitor when you have one by default... gross.

If I'm not mistaken the second battery monitor is from ZDBox (which is a great little app). It defaults to a battery monitor but you can change it. I have it displaying the number of apps running.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

I found the app. Not bad. Thanks

Last edited: