UBS Car Audio connection

njmurby

Reaction score
USB Car Audio connection

Just a heads up, this is my first post guys.

Problem:
My car radio finds ALL audio files on my phone and plays them. For example, "Turn left ahead" in a female robot voice. One minute I'm blasting some music, the next I soil myself because the voice comes on and yells at me.

I have all my Music in a folder appropriately labeled "My Music," and if I just let it play alphabetically, I'm good until it gets to the end. After that it starts playing my ringtones, notification tones, GPS voice, etc.

I usually like to play my music on RANDOM, and even when I set the radio to the "My Music" folder, the random option will select any audio file on the phone.

What I want to do:
Be able to somehow filter what files can be selected by the radio, so I can set it to random and play only the SONGS in the "My Music" folder.

I have tried a few things already but I haven't found anything that works, or for that matter, anyone with the same problem, but maybe I'm just not that good at searching forums. If anyone has any suggestions or knows of a thread addressing the issue it would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Last edited:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
How are you connecting the phone to the radio?

I use an Auxiliary cable from the headphone jack to my Audio In port on my head unit, and I do not experience this issue...:icon_eek:

OP
N

njmurby

Reaction score
I just noticed that I mislabeled the title, I am using the USB connection. I do have the option to use a 1/8" aux jack on the front of the radio but the USB provides a better quality connection, plus I can control the radio with the remote. If I use the aux connection I will have to change songs and the like using the phone, which is much more challenging while driving.

frozty

Reaction score
I have the same problem, If you connect via USB your in-dash needs to have an option where it plays only audio files in the /Music folder or else it will play ringtones, and other system audio files.

There is no other way around it except deleting them which I don't recommend. I streaming via Bluetooth better. If your indash has usb it should have bluetooth also.