Unable to download ringtone attachements from VZW

Unknown_User

Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue when you purchase a ringtone from the Verizon Wireless website it cannot be downloaded the ringtone from the text message sent to you? I receive a message stating unable to download attachment. I tried it from my brother's Droid X and it worked fine. The one thing I noticed is that the ringtone attachment when it's sent to my Thunderbolt there is a green lock on it, but on my brother's Droid X there is no green lock, anyone here have any ideas why it is doing this?

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I wouldn't buy anything. Just move the mp3 file to your SDcard under a folder called Media(needs to be created).

OP
U

Unknown_User

Reaction score
Could do that, but I paid for this ringtone, I know there are free ways, but heck the excitement of a new phone got the better of me :p. I could call customer service, and probably get them to credit the charge off, but I'm still curious why my Thunderbolt can't save the ringtone attachment that is on the MMS that was sent to my phone, but the same attachment sent to my brother's Droid X can be saved to his phone.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Try removing your battery or rebooting your phone. I had some quirky stuff going on yesterday and a reboot fixed it.