Unbricking Your Droid X

MIKAL

Reaction score
I bricked my new droid x...

I was deleting some bloat ware off of my DX (2.2.1 .340) and accidently delete the setup apk,and then wouldnt boot,so dumb me trying to fix it,I accidently used .315 sbf and now stuck in bootloader with a black screen thats says "bootloader 30.40 Err:A5,70,70,00,00 and MEM_NAP Blank Service Req'd" can someone please help me get my phone back or is brickedfor good?

jaedi

Reaction score
I was deleting some bloat ware off of my DX (2.2.1 .340) and accidently delete the setup apk,and then wouldnt boot,so dumb me trying to fix it,I accidently used .315 sbf and now stuck in bootloader with a black screen thats says "bootloader 30.40 Err:A5,70,70,00,00 and MEM_NAP Blank Service Req'd" can someone please help me get my phone back or is brickedfor good?

Dude!!! That's exactly what happened to my phone... Try the .sbf file in the reply I left above.

dancedroidfixed my phonedancedroid

MIKAL

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

WORKING FINE!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!dancedroid

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score

Dude!!! That's exactly what happened to my phone... Try the .sbf file in the reply I left above.

dancedroidfixed my phonedancedroid

Isn't the definition of "brick" that you can't "unbrick" it?

@Jaedi - I'll have to add that to my guide when I get the chance, it's a great find so thanks a lot for posting it here!

@mentaload - I've debated this with other people and I'm pretty sure I debated in somewhere in this post too. The thing is people know what I'm talking about and this guide has helped tons of people so I've stopped caring about the technicalities of the word at this point.

jainer123

Reaction score
xlivewire7x -

First, thanks for your guide...truly helpful, as I major effed my phone up. In reading your post, i think there is one small, yet extremely important addition i would make to it. For me, after SBF-ing my phone, it was stuck in an infinite boot loop. However, after tearing my hear out and breaking it worse by moving down to 2.3.15 only to come back up to 2.3.320 and beyond, is this:

After you sbf into 2.3.32 or 34, if you get an infinite boot (assuming you have bootloader 30.04:

1. wait till rsdlite says please reboot phone manually
2. take cord out of phone.
3. pull battery out to turn it off.
4. put batter in, load recovery.
in recovery, wipe data factory reset.

After that, the loop is gone and phone is back to brand new. This caused me much grief, and hopefully it won't cause the next.

Again, thanks so much for the invaluable post.

torino216

Reaction score
OMG this post is awesome thanks for saving my bacon and letting me out of the dog house

Droidxuser123

Reaction score
Hi I have the same issue as droidxuser.

My droid x's bootloader is 30.04

I am using 2.3.32 sbf.

I am usin RSD Lite v 4.9 and used the latest drivers from motorola.

I am using VMWare Fusion and running Windows 7 32 bit on my macbook.

I put the sbf file into my documents and renamed it to simply r.sbf because i read from another post that it would be easier for RSD to find it.

I used the ghetto usb method of charging my phone but I have no idea if it is 50 percent or not. According to another guide (the one where i learned about the ghetto usb method), the user charged his for 6-7 minutes. Is that all you need or do you need at least 50 percent for it to work?

Phone(0000): Creating Image File.
something to quick to read
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 33
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 39
(Phone changes to SW Update In progress...)
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 66
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group xx checksums match
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 35 checksums match
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 65 checksums match
Phone(oooo): Switching device to BP passthrough mode
Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone [0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (0x70BE); phone disconnected.

I'm going crazy over this thing man.

Also there is no flasherror log in the RSD Lite folder even though it is supposed to be there (from what I read from another thread)

I used the RSD v4.7 with the patch but it didn't work. Is that still valid now or do you have to use RSD Lite V4.8+. I am using RSD 4.9 but it didn't come with a patch. Do I need the patch for v4.9 and would the patch for 4.7 work with 4.9?

Is there anything else I need to do or what am I doing wrong?? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Droidxuser123

Reaction score
sbf not working

Hi I have the same issue as droidxuser.

My droid x's bootloader is 30.04

I am using 2.3.32 sbf.

I am usin RSD Lite v 4.9 and used the latest drivers from motorola.

I am using VMWare Fusion and running Windows 7 32 bit on my macbook.

I put the sbf file into my documents and renamed it to simply r.sbf because i read from another post that it would be easier for RSD to find it.

I used the ghetto usb method of charging my phone but I have no idea if it is 50 percent or not. According to another guide (the one where i learned about the ghetto usb method), the user charged his for 6-7 minutes. Is that all you need or do you need at least 50 percent for it to work?

Phone(0000): Creating Image File.
something to quick to read
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 33
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 39
(Phone changes to SW Update In progress...)
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 66
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group xx checksums match
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 35 checksums match
Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 65 checksums match
Phone(oooo): Switching device to BP passthrough mode
Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone [0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (0x70BE); phone disconnected.

I'm going crazy over this thing man.

Also there is no flasherror log in the RSD Lite folder even though it is supposed to be there (from what I read from another thread)

I used the RSD v4.7 with the patch but it didn't work. Is that still valid now or do you have to use RSD Lite V4.8+. I am using RSD 4.9 but it didn't come with a patch. Do I need the patch for v4.9 and would the patch for 4.7 work with 4.9?

Is there anything else I need to do or what am I doing wrong?? Any help would be highly appreciated.

jayballz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info... When I go into boot mode, rsd lite doesn't recognize my phone. I have it set at first come first serve but nothing happens. any ideas? I tried to install the usb drivers but they wouldnt because I already had newer drivers installed.