Unbricking Your Droid X

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
I have an issue. I reflashed sbf file and now I have no data. It's a blue triangle. Any idea on a fix?

Can you post a picture or more information? I'm wondering if the sbf did not flash correctly. If you try flashing it again that might fix it, and make sure there are no errors coming up in RSD Lite.

Breakthecycle2

Reaction score
I have an issue. I reflashed sbf file and now I have no data. It's a blue triangle. Any idea on a fix?

Can you post a picture or more information? I'm wondering if the sbf did not flash correctly. If you try flashing it again that might fix it, and make sure there are no errors coming up in RSD Lite.

Well, here's what I did. I did a factory wipe and had to reactivate the phone. For some reason the data didn't register. After the reactivation, it's fine now. Weird right?

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score

Well, here's what I did. I did a factory wipe and had to reactivate the phone. For some reason the data didn't register. After the reactivation, it's fine now. Weird right?

Yea that is strange. Hopefully somebody else knows what's up with that so I can add it to the guide.

bharkin

Reaction score
I am trying this and I keep getting a failure when I try and flash.
It says my Droid X Failed flashing process: Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatable with multi-interface super file. [0x703B] Phone connected. HELP!!!

Last edited:
OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
I am trying this and I keep getting a failure when I try and flash.
It says my Droid X Failed flashing process: Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatable with multi-interface super file. [0x703B] Phone connected. HELP!!!

Sorry to leave you hangin there, I've been trying to think of what I did to fix this error. A few things that came to mind:
-Run RSD Lite as Admin
-Make sure the phone is in bootloader mode
-When in bootloader mode and connected to computer, make sure phone says "Okay to Program"

I'll try to think of some more solutions, I know how frustrating it is to not have a working phone.

bharkin

Reaction score
Thanks, but Ive done all of that. I just took it to my Verizon store, they said they had an issue with the update that went out last night and are overnighting me a new Droid. So I lucked out.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Thanks, but Ive done all of that. I just took it to my Verizon store, they said they had an issue with the update that went out last night and are overnighting me a new Droid. So I lucked out.

Good to hear that you got your problem worked out and sorry I couldn't help you fix it. Good luck with your shiny new X!

validoption

Reaction score

What update? Is the .604 still being rolled out?

darienms86

Reaction score
I had the same error multiple times. You have to put phone in bootloader mode first and then plug in usb cord. And make sure you are in debugging mode.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

akappy332

Reaction score
Ok so I just got my phone working... I ended up using a computer with XP. My problem was that my phone's home feature was completely gone while almost everything else worked just fine. I tried manually installing stock themes. but it didnt work. so i flashed it and it still didnt work. Right after my flash i did a factory reset. and now im back to a working phone... Thanks for the quick reply tho.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Everybody who is getting an error about the multilevel superinterface file, please make sure you are following this step. If I recall correctly, this is the reason that I was getting the error as well. If you are still getting the error after following this step, please post back.

SBF INSTRUCTIONS: Install the RSDLite 4.7 program by double clicking on the program.
Move the pst_flash.ini file into the following folder --> Program Files/Motorola/RSDLite

Note: It is important that you move the file to the correct folder other wise this WILL NOT WORK! I recommend copying it over twice to be sure. When is asks you if you would like to overwrite the file, make sure the new and old file sizes are the same when copying for the second time.​

Basshawke

Reaction score
what happens if my battery has been drained as ive been failing? also, I got error message (0x7100). what did i do?

EDIT: I had to add 3 digits to get rid of the gibberish in the file. I also didnt realize it installed into my program files (x86)

moral of the story, dont decide to play around with your phone the day before a month long vacation

Last edited:

Basshawke

Reaction score
Thanks LIVEWIRE7

I thought i was a goner, but you saved my ass. I owe you a beer : D

I was worried for a second I was going to have to to back to using my :blackberry:

if your fix isnt working, it is because you werent reading close enough.

One thing i noted that i did different was i had read what (0x7100d) error meant here:
If you get "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite - Android Forums at #32 he mentions how the error message indicates a file with any number of phony characters at the end. mine had 3. perhaps you may want to add that as a possible step on your guide.

thanks again, you are a true lifesaver : DDD

EDITED FOR SPELLING