Unhappy With Verizon Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshclovis

Reaction score
I purchased a droid about 3 weeks ago. I have had numerous issues which include: loose slider, the speaker pops and cracks, battery cover loose, and unable to send picture messages. I spoke with technical support and customer service over a week ago and I still haven't gotten a call back. I think that's pretty lame. So tonight I decide to exchange my phone for a new one before my 30 days is up. Come to find out I can only exchange over the phone since I bought the phone online. I can't take it to a store for exchange. Even more lame!! Now comes the best part. I had to pay another $200 for a new phone tonight over the phone and they said they would credit my account the money back when they receive the phone I'm supposed to send back. I don't mind forking out the money, don't get me wrong. I just don't feel Verizon handled this situation good at all. Well anyway I'm just ranting. Hope everyone else has or will have a better experience than myself.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I purchased a droid about 3 weeks ago. I have had numerous issues which include: loose slider, the speaker pops and cracks, battery cover loose, and unable to send picture messages. I spoke with technical support and customer service over a week ago and I still haven't gotten a call back. I think that's pretty lame. So tonight I decide to exchange my phone for a new one before my 30 days is up. Come to find out I can only exchange over the phone since I bought the phone online. I can't take it to a store for exchange. Even more lame!! Now comes the best part. I had to pay another $200 for a new phone tonight over the phone and they said they would credit my account the money back when they receive the phone I'm supposed to send back. I don't mind forking out the money, don't get me wrong. I just don't feel Verizon handled this situation good at all. Well anyway I'm just ranting. Hope everyone else has or will have a better experience than myself.

I am sorry but I bought two online from VZW. Took 1 back to the store and they did exchange it on the spot. I wouldn't accept it any other way. VZW is usually very good about this stuff. I would call back and get a supervisor on the phone ASAP. Explain that is is an exchange and why can't you get one in store. At the least they can get thier other phone back on the spot.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Come to find out I can only exchange over the phone since I bought the phone online. I can't take it to a store for exchange.
josh I've never heard of that. I understand it's too late now but I don't know why they told you that.

Very strange...

Echo3

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you've bought it online. You can exchange it at the store as long as you have your invoice/receipt to show them.

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
I went to a reseller. The corporate store is over 2 hours away from me.

Anomander

Reaction score
That sucks to hear. Had something similar happen with me on Cingular. My battery died on my phone and when I went to the store to get a replacement they did not have any in since my phone was an AT&T. The person told me I would have to buy a new phone and 2 year contract if I didn't want to void. I told them forget it all I wanted was a battery to finish out my contract (6 months away). Long story short I went to verizon wireless that night and got a new phones and a contract and haven't looked back yet.

When I called Cingular to cancel my contract the next day they tried sticking me with a double termination fee for the 2 lines. I said I would be willing to pay for one, and only one since I was treated so rudely at the store and that if they charge for me two I would file a complaint. They said one would be fine. Still pisses me off to this day that they tried scamming into another two year agreement. What was worse is they said if you would have called customer service they could have sent me a battery, well I asked them then why did I get a totally different story at the store, service should be the same between the two!

JessiesGirl

Reaction score

You are ranting, yes.

Why would they send you a new phone without withholding credit until they receive the damaged one? Even Amazon has this policy for returned items--it's a good policy! Many vendors would require receipt of the damaged item prior to sending out a new one!

If you didn't read the terms and conditions prior to ordering online, whose fault is that?

I am failing to see the issue here, honestly.

ETA: So wait, you didn't even buy the phone from Verizon?And Verizon is letting you exchange it? And you are whining?

World's tiniest violin is playing for you here.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
that explains it.

The reseller is under no obligation to you unless you made the purchase from them.
They wernt involved in the sale, they made no money off you... basically you dont exist to them at all.

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
I talked to customer service tonight and they also told me I would have to send it in regardless. I couldn't go to a corporate store. And Jessie's girl, I never saw anything in the terms and conditions that would require me to pay for another phone if I had to send mine in. I mean if I kept both phones, they could simply bill be. Verizon can't be that hard up for $$$$$$$.

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
And yes, I did purchase the phone from Verizon online. I'm finished ranting. I'm irritated at verizon. I don't want to get irritated with folks on here. Thanks.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I talked to customer service tonight and they also told me I would have to send it in regardless. I couldn't go to a corporate store. And Jessie's girl, I never saw anything in the terms and conditions that would require me to pay for another phone if I had to send mine in. I mean if I kept both phones, they could simply bill be. Verizon can't be that hard up for $$$$$$$.

You are out of your mind.

You have a $600 piece of hardware in your hand. And they are sending you a second $600 piece of hardware, with absolutely no guarantee that you will return the first or any confirmation that the first is damaged. So they are currently out $1000 ($1200 minus the $200 you have paid so far). That sounds generous to me.

Your expectations are HIGHLY unrealistic.

What they are offering you is standard policy for internet vendors of good customer service reputation. They are not requiring your allegedly defective Droid back in their hot little hands before sending you a new one. That is decent customer service.

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe all the hard feelings in here. I never bashed the droid at all. I love the phone. I was ranting about verizon.

**mod edit**

Status
Not open for further replies.