unlimited data

Reaction score
So i have unlimited data on my bionic but my wife has a palm pre ( yuck) its time for her upgrade i was wondering if she can keep her unlimited data

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Unless she pays full price for a phone they will make her choose a tiered family share plan. Us, with unlimited data, will not be able to take advantage of the subsidized upgrades if we want to keep our unlimited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
A Palm Pre? Yikes!!! I Thought the last one of those was dug up at the Pyramids of Giza? Is that even a smart phone? Run Dont Walk!!
No seriously, ive gotta google this phone right now........................Ok i'm back ! OMG it is a smartphone????
But Really, as of Jun 28th, to do an upgrade, you would have to pay for the phone at "full price" to keep your unlimited!
You can buy a new or used phone and transfer it.
If you go with a "subsidized/discounted" VZW phone, then she looses her unlimited, and she would have to go with a share plan!

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
bionics are for 200 on ebay. and i saw some good prices on refurbished phones

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
+1 tommybot!!! Good call on the Bionic! Thinking about getting another one for backup while they are still cheap to buy. For when mine finally dies someday! I love this phone! ;-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

amerabeans

Reaction score
Craigslist its a good place to get a like new Bionic for under 200 best posts are the people that say getting a iphone

Just go in there praising apple and how crappy your phone is you that you need a backup and Bam! free phone (disclosure may only result in discount)

:)

My91sho

Reaction score
Can't you add a line and get the discount too? I was thinking of adding a line for my mom and giving her my DROIDX and using the discount for the old lady

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You can add a line and get a discount but you will have to choose a family share plan. If you are already in tiered data, then it may work out to be a decent deal. But if you have unlimited, then you lose your unlimited.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I was able to upgrade my wifes phone and got the bionic for free from Verizon and not have our plan changed...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Did you upgrade your wife's phone before june 28th? Since june 28th, verizon's plans have changed and you now must choose a family share plan if you buy your phone at discounted price.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Did you upgrade your wife's phone before june 28th? Since june 28th, verizon's plans have changed and you now must choose a family share plan if you buy your phone at discounted price.

Oh! Yes i did. Didn't know that..now i know for next time. Verizon is just money hungry!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
jcwilliams said:
Oh! Yes i did. Didn't know that..now i know for next time. Verizon is just money hungry!

Lucky you! You upgraded in the nick of time. Most did knowing it was their last chance. You did by pure luck. How cool is that!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Lucky you! You upgraded in the nick of time. Most did knowing it was their last chance. You did by pure luck. How cool is that!

Yea i got lucky lol. Too bad for everyone else. But you can find brand new phones on the net and just switch everything over. That's prolly what I'll do from now on do i can keep my unlimited and what not. I'm about to get rid of house internet and just use our phones to save money so I'm glad we are still on unlimited..

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I kept telling my dad to go in before June 28th. Next time I'll tell him a day before because "before June 28" to him means on June 28. And he almost got talked into a tiered plan. o_O

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

nikecar

Reaction score
A Palm Pre? Yikes!!! I Thought the last one of those was dug up at the Pyramids of Giza? Is that even a smart phone? Run Dont Walk!!
No seriously, ive gotta google this phone right now........................Ok i'm back ! OMG it is a smartphone????
But Really, as of Jun 28th, to do an upgrade, you would have to pay for the phone at "full price" to keep your unlimited!
You can buy a new or used phone and transfer it.
If you go with a "subsidized/discounted" VZW phone, then she looses her unlimited, and she would have to go with a share plan!
Last yr when everyone was up in arms for the removal of unlimited, this board was crawling with folks telling everyone to go to Amazon and get the Palm Pre for $67 or something like that in order to keep your unlimited.

How times have changed.