Unlock Droid 2 Global for T-Mobile?

ragingazn628

Reaction score
Hello,

I read one of the sticky and it said that you can unlock by getting the code from Verizon but you cannot use it for ATT or T-Mobile. Is anyone (or group) working on the unlock for ATT or T-Mobile? Hopefully it's not a hardware thing.

leobg

Reaction score
Google for 'twitter droidbandunlock'. There is somebody who can do this, but you will be stuck forever at 2.4.29 (initial software release) and set $100 back for the service. You will have to send your phone in too.

Also with T-Mobile you will be stuck at EDGE data speeds as D2G does not have the AWS band Tmo uses.

thetuxracer

Reaction score
Sorry, for the thread bump, came across this site (post) while googling. I have a follow up question:
1a. Is this problem restricted only to T-Mo and ATT in the US?
1b. So, Can I use an unlocked phone, anywhere in the world, assuming that the band is compatible?

thetuxracer

Reaction score
Sorry, for the thread bump, came across this site (post) while googling. I have a follow up question:<br>1a. Is this problem restricted only to T-Mo and ATT in the US?<br>1b. So, Can I use an unlocked phone, anywhere in the world, assuming that the band is compatible?<br><br>Thanks :)

gthotie5

Reaction score
I think metro pcs can flash your phone also I'm not sure though you can check with the carriers around your area.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Sorry, for the thread bump, came across this site (post) while googling. I have a follow up question:
1a. Is this problem restricted only to T-Mo and ATT in the US?
1b. So, Can I use an unlocked phone, anywhere in the world, assuming that the band is compatible?
You can, on GSM/UMTS/W-CDMA. For compatible CDMA carriers, you'd have to program the phone manually.