Until I see pictures I am leaning toward hoax

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am weary when only one publication covers a story. It seem to open the door for credibility, especially when there are no pictures or actual court filings. But just in case I am wrong, I wanted to write on it any way (Please, not again. Samsung is on a roll.).

I just have too many questions. Like why hasn't the person who put the fire out saying anything?

Why aren't there a news truck on the scene or photos online?

We have worldstar and facebook videos of almost any and everything. Many a people have been fired because of a smartphone video. And we are not talking about an elevator in some boondock area in Texas. This is New York City we are talking about. So a smoking phone should have been caught by someone.

Again I could be wrong, and I do not want to make light of a potential problem. If the victim truly did get burned because of a faulty battery, she should be taken care of. But there are just too many variables.

I'll just have to sit back and wait.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, let's see some photographic evidence. Even Photoshopped photos at this point.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, let's see some photographic evidence. Even Photoshopped photos at this point.

Per Wikipedia: According to a survey conducted by Pace University in 2004, the Post was rated the least-credible major news outlet inNew York, and the only news outlet to receive more responses calling it "not credible" than credible (44% not credible to 39% credible).

^So we will see how that goes.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Something about that article just screams "hoax / fake". Maybe I'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem credible. I hope the woman involved is OK and not truly injured. I don't wish harm or injury to anyone. But this seems like it could be a scam to try & sue Samsung just for the money.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk