Updates with Google Play and Amazon App Store

rherron

Reaction score
I update an app -- Angry Birds Rio or Documents to Go, for example (there are a number of others) in Google Play. All goes normal. Then in Amazon it says update is available. If I update again there then an update shows up again on Google Play. It's endless. The app is updated. How do I make it stop? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Last edited:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Stop updating in the other Market. Google Play and Amazon Market use different authorizations for apps (free or paid). If you get Angry Birds from Google Play, don't download it from Amazon. If you got it from Amazon, don't get it from Google Play. Each is basically overwriting the other, though usually you get signing errors (maybe just on paid apps)...

I do my primary stuff in Google Play and then use Amazon for App of the Day stuff. I don't do updates from Google Play to stuff I've gotten from Amazon and I don't update stuff from Amazon that I got on Google Play.

OP
rherron

rherron

Reaction score
That's great advice for future reference. What can be done to fix the situation I have?

BTW, I purchased the ad free version of Angry Birds Rio from Amazon. I had free versions from the Market of I recall correctly. And I've never downloaded Documents to Go from the Market. Just Amazon. So why does the Market (now Play) want to update it (or any of the ad free Angry Birds games) at all?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

resinis

Reaction score
i think a lot of us have chosen to not use amazon's market and if you want one of those free daily apps just spend the $2 for it on googles playstore and save yourself a lot of future headaches.

H8SPVMT

Reaction score
I too have this problem but with Google Play. I don't use the phone to play games though. I get updates (4) twice a day some days.

Wish I too, could make it stop.

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
resinis said:
i think a lot of us have chosen to not use amazon's market and if you want one of those free daily apps just spend the $2 for it on googles playstore and save yourself a lot of future headaches.

I don't have issues with amazon.

Did you un install the free one from the market? Or un install all instances and the reload the one you want.

Caden

Reaction score
I don't use Amazon bc I'm not smart enough to juggle between Play and the Zon.. But tha't just me.. :blink: You could try uninstalling the Amazon app and then downloading it from Amazon's website - maybe there's an update or something might tweak the whole system to stop bugging you...never know..............

nikecar

Reaction score
I've got over 60 apps in one and close to that in the other. Amazon I use alot for FAotD, and even if I don't install it, at least I download to my account.

Lilium

Reaction score
Is there any way to put Google Play onto my Hauweu Ascend I? It's an Android 2.1.