USB support

izzo540

Reaction score
No usb support in nightly 59? Am I the only one who cant get my computer to recognize the DX.. the DX knows its connected but wont let my computer access the SD card..

creaky

Reaction score
Try going into settings>applications>development and clicking USB debugging off and then on again. Works for me every time.

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

Chillout

Reaction score
Are you serious?? Mine doesn't work either, now I guess I Have to go back and find a nightly where USB does work!!! Ain't that just great.

Chillout

Reaction score
Apparently nightly 60 doesn't fix it either.... just got some new music to put on my phone and Oh, I'm sorry but you can't do that now!!!

Chillout

Reaction score
Well oddly enough I found a fix, perhaps it will help some of you. It was a total mistake on my part but it worked.

First off I apologize for getting snippy in my last posts, I was frustrated and in hurry.

Anyways, I tried to go back to nightly 55, it downloaded and installed ok but the status bar would not work and I couldn't download or install any other nightlies after that. When I tried to boot into recovery via the power button it would bootloop back to the cyan splash screen for a couple minutes.

AFter that I booted into recovery via Rom manager. I was able to get into my recovery and I wiped cache/data factory reset. Did that a second time and in error I accidentally backed up too far and booted the device by accident. I was like OH *&^%$! Oddly enough it booted back up into CM7, and all I had to do was redownload my apps. I didn't even reinstall CM7 after wiping so how did it keep it's settings?

WHo knows but now I have my USB acces back and WIFI works great. I did flash the CM4 fix for camera, etc. still.

So all in all an accident on my part actually worked to my advantage.

OP
I

izzo540

Reaction score
Well oddly enough I found a fix, perhaps it will help some of you. It was a total mistake on my part but it worked.

First off I apologize for getting snippy in my last posts, I was frustrated and in hurry.

Anyways, I tried to go back to nightly 55, it downloaded and installed ok but the status bar would not work and I couldn't download or install any other nightlies after that. When I tried to boot into recovery via the power button it would bootloop back to the cyan splash screen for a couple minutes.

AFter that I booted into recovery via Rom manager. I was able to get into my recovery and I wiped cache/data factory reset. Did that a second time and in error I accidentally backed up too far and booted the device by accident. I was like OH *&^%$! Oddly enough it booted back up into CM7, and all I had to do was redownload my apps. I didn't even reinstall CM7 after wiping so how did it keep it's settings?

WHo knows but now I have my USB acces back and WIFI works great. I did flash the CM4 fix for camera, etc. still.

So all in all an accident on my part actually worked to my advantage.

Wow, I'm gonna try and follow that after I do this flash for Nightly 60.. I'm also gonna try that debugging thing also and see whats going on.. It sucks but if he fixed the wifi issue I can just use ADB to transfer things.

Wifi also had an issue wiht ADB not assigning it a local address though which means I can't put anything on my phone which blows.. Thank goodness for google music streaming.. But I've had to SBF a few times with CM7.. It doesn't bother me for the time being though, well worth it. Just wanna see a nice RC before I go back to school.

OP
I

izzo540

Reaction score
Just SBF'd from my royally F***ed up incident when I decided to flash an old nightly for usb support. Well that didn't work anyway, I have on USB debugging on nightly 60 and I have USB access so far.. Thanks for that tip.

Chillout

Reaction score
Also for what it's worth, the problems with gmail notifications not working are also solved. I set vibrate to never and then was able to set my ringtone to what I wanted. Not sure if that will work for everyone but worth a shot.

OP
I

izzo540

Reaction score
Contacts dont seem to be working this time around lol. Google sync is having an issue with my contacts on nightly 60

Chillout

Reaction score
I'm not updating to any more nightlies until I know for sure that the usb issues are fixed. Plus my wifi is working great again. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

creaky

Reaction score
OK, USB was working well until recently. I'm on nightly 113 and I can't get it to recognize the sd card. I turn USB debugging and USB mass storage on and off and no dice. I know the sd card is good because I just pull it and put it in an adapter and it reads the card instantly. Any thoughts???

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]