Using internationl SIM

oeliav

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using a D2G in Israel. Got a SIM from Orange, phone is unlocked and SIM working fine for receiving calls and texts and data works also.

The problem is that when making a call, looks like the phone adds a +1 to the number, trying to call back to the US. If I add +972 (israel country code) when dialing, I can get the call going, but it's annoying.

Anybody knows what need to do to stop that +1 prefix from being added automatically ?

Thanks

Settings → Call Settings → Assisted Dialing → Reference country → long press Israel → Change reference country. You can then long press Israel to change the details, for example, specify your area code.

And disable Settings → Call Settings → Assisted Dialing → Assisted dialing status. You probably won't need it on GSM with a non-VZW SIM anyway.

The + is the exit code of the country you are dialing from, I first noticed it in Singapore, and I couldn't dual out because I turned off assisted dialing. The 1 is the country code for the US, (001).

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Bilgediver, it's not an “exit code”.

+ denotes a number in its full notation, with country and area code. Most GSM networks use this form, so if you receive a call from someone inside your country it will still show up as +C…A…N…, where C is the country code (1 to 3 digits), A is the area code (whatever the country uses), and N is the number.

This notation is used to simplify specifying phone numbers and remove the need to support various long distance/international dialing prefixes. All GSM networks support it.

Also, the country code for the USA is indeed 1, but in no way 001.

Argh, sorry a bit rusty on making calls that way, I just use the assisted dialing and have had no issues whasoever. It just seems odd because only in the past year or so did I have to add the plus, when making calls using a prepay Etisalat in Dubai (3 or so years ago) I don't remember having to do that.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Back