Using the Spectrum 2 on GSM Networks?

rajdori

Reaction score
Exact APN settings

You have to setup the APN for data to work.

i found below APN settings and used on my LGSp2. Data works but i got 3.3MBPS DOWN, 354kbps UP speeds. T-mobile coverage map shows 'Good' adequate LTE coverage for my address. So I assume I should get better speeds, LTE speeds or at least 4G speeds. Please suggest if i need to make any changes.

--------------------------------------------
Name : T-Mobile LTE
APN: fast.tmobile.com
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: default,supl,admin,dun,mms

tooter1

Reaction score
i found below APN settings and used on my LGSp2. Data works but i got 3.3MBPS DOWN, 354kbps UP speeds. T-mobile coverage map shows 'Good' adequate LTE coverage for my address. So I assume I should get better speeds, LTE speeds or at least 4G speeds. Please suggest if i need to make any changes.

Name : T-Mobile LTE
APN: fast.tmobile.com
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: default,supl,admin,dun,mms

I don't think it'll do LTE. You will probably get HSPA+.

Take a screen shot of all your APN settings. Don't think I've ever set MMS Protocol.

OP
M

micrors4

Reaction score
Can't see why it wouldn't as it will work with pretty much any GSM carrier, not sure if the LTE for AT&T would work, only one way to find out. You can at least get HSPA+

mordant80

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while and i know im necroposting, but im on straight talk with the att sim. Seems it can't do better than 2g for data with that and unfortunately i cant use the tmobile sim since they have no towers where i am. Just wanted to post that tidbit for anyone who needed to know. If anyone has got it to do better on att id like to hear about it.