[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

palooko

Reaction score
Update my roaming?

...and if going from v0.8 to v0.9, would it still be a good idea to wipe the data/cache?

palooko

Reaction score
eh...thx, but nothing worked. Just going to reinstall starting with 0.8, then to 0.9....let'cha know how I make out. Thanks for the help anyhow!!

arch7angels

Reaction score
that's really weird. i can't imagine what the problem would be. they don't say you have to wipe from 8 to 9. you may have to wipe, flash the stock rooted gingerbread, and then reinstall 8 and then 9.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

palooko

Reaction score
ugh, finally got it working. After wiping and flashing to 0.8, I flashed 0.9 and still nada. I deleted and downloaded the a-GPS data using GPS status. Nothing. So manically started trying a bunch of stuff like this from kejar31
HTML:
http:// forum.xda-developers.com/ showthread.php?t=1022654&page=2
and changing the etc/gps.conf from north-america to us, clearing this, wiping that...all seemingly to no avail. So FINALLY I said eff it and I used GPS Status again deleted and downloaded the a-GPS data and fired GPS Status up again and decided I'm gonna let it sit outside for searching for sats for 15 mins. Came outside later and BOOM, the scope was lit up. Immediately fired up Maps, the Nav and sure enough, seconds later, It started giving turn by turn directions. Rebooted, loaded up maps again and it immediately locked. Yeesh. Guess I wasn't giving it a chance. Wonder what caused it initially...hmph. Anyhoos, thanks for the brainstorm guys! Best. Forum. ever. peoples here are great! ;p

arch7angels

Reaction score
oh man that's awesome! glad you got it all figured out. do the moral is, just give it time. haha

xpbr2000

Reaction score
I have noticed an intial delay in locking on to the gps. One app refused to lock on I exited and restarted the app. Seems to work too. But never had that much trouble

Sent from my DROIDX

xpbr2000

Reaction score
I got a little annoying issue. Maybe its Facebook maybe is the contacts list but in 2.2 if I the same contact like dad (phone book name) and carl (facebook name) didn't sync together because of the different name in the contact info. As soon as I changed dad to carl they would merge. I think there was a settinv in the display option that merged same names. And also there was a forced merge contact option as well. I don't see either of those options now. Is it gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX

arch7angels

Reaction score
if you go into contacts
hit menu
edit
get rid of the keyboard
menu
join

drunkclever

Reaction score
I need to block someone asap. in 2.2 there's a blacklisting option under call settings.. I can not find it in .596 liberty .08 or was this removed?

arch7angels

Reaction score
no problem! and to black someone. go into contacts. select the person. hit menu. options. send Calla,directly to voicemail.

drivinfocused

Reaction score
i installed the v.8 on hte .596 following the coming from 2........ thread in here. got everything squared away and use the toolbox to change a few of the settings around for my liking and i did hte reboot but when i did i got a completely black screen with the notification bar at the top and could pull it down and use it but the only buttons that worked were holding down the home key or power button.... the screen would rotate as well but nothing would show up. on top of that just previously i changed hte launcher and then the home button wouldn't work at all, I do not know if this was my fault in changing something or a bug i stumbled upon somehow. but i ended up formatting data/cache and reinstalling the .8 and now everything is fine....