Verizon Droid Devour aka Motorola Calgary Photos Surface

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

New information and a picture has surfaced of a silver Motorola Calgary / Droid Devour. This device is still rumored to be for the Verizon network however a release date has not been confirmed. Boy Genius Reports:

We’re told the keyboard was “nice” and the phone itself was “easier to use” compared to the Motorola DROID. Obviously that’s personal opinion, and maybe the BLUR OS simplifies things for some people, but the trackpad apparently is killer as a navigational input device. Oh? The device has Wi-Fi, GPS, a 1420mAh battery, but unfortunately no SIM card slot as it is not a global device.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's a little screen and looks somewhat like a toy IMO, but bring on as many Android devices as possible!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Does look a bit cheapish in that photo....

Droidist

Reaction score
Hmmmm...not really a big fan of the metallic silver but, the keyboard setup looks pretty worthy of using...:)

J

JohnDroid

It looks cheap but I do like the metallic silver "look" almost like brushed aluminum.

Small screen though :(

ImaginingEmotions

Reaction score
That looks like a step up from the droid. Well... for functionality of the physical keyboard.

CongoJack90

Reaction score
Well the display looks a little grainy and dull in that pic. But then again so did the droid's when it was revealed on BGR and we all now how it turned out in person.

tktouch12

Reaction score
Honestly the silver color looks really cheap and the droid keyboard isn't that bad. And the screen is small

Reaction score
Hmm I am curious as to how well the trackpad will add to the phone, I think it could be removed and that space be used to make the screen bigger. I never used the trackpad on my Omnia after Windows 6.5 when everything was finger friendly, and I've never had a problem with the Droid not being finger friendly.

Reaction score
Hmm I am curious as to how well the trackpad will add to the phone, I think it could be removed and that space be used to make the screen bigger. I never used the trackpad on my Omnia after Windows 6.5 when everything was finger friendly, and I've never had a problem with the Droid not being finger friendly.

But I really like how the keyboard section of the phone is concave and when the screen is slid down everything is flush.

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
Its not a very attractive phone, so if functionality is your thing then perhaps, but good enough for the Canadians. :)

addictedwayz

Reaction score
Hhhmmm I don't know about this phone looks poorly made could just be the pic I just came over from my BB that I miss very much but the senorita wanted the moto droid so I said what the heck lets take advantage of the bogo so I got the Eris its ok but after playing around with her moto I want one I told my self I would wait for passion but from reading around looks like vwz wont be getting one soon. I may just return this phone and just wait it out for a while since I like the droid moto just hate the key pads I want all touch like nexus one

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this will be a great low-end Android. Verizon has the high end Droid and the also fairly high-end Eris, now they add this little guy. It looks cheaper and has a lower resolution screen and camera than the Droid, no flash, but it still has a keyboard and Android. I think it will be a nice addition to Verizon's line-up. My wife might even get one if they feel good in your hand, that is the ONLY thing I'm afraid of. They look a little cheap, I just hope they don't feel that way.

Oh and do not want Motoblur :|

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure it'll have it's niche market, but doesn't appeal to me. Small screen, and even though the d-pad isn't there, there's still 'wasted' space where the keyboard could be larger.

Not feelin' the metallic silver...