Verizon pushing updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkavian

Reaction score
Just received two updates from Verizon for the Galaxy S4. One was to prepare the phone for Lollipop and the second one is Lollipop!

Can't wait. Will report more once I know more.

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
Update:

The install went well. I thought some of my applications didn't make it over. What I found out is that once the install is done any application that is on the SD card will have a little Android guy in it's place on your home screen, will not show up in your app drawer and you are not able to more or remove the app from the device. This is all fine.

Wait.
Google services will need an immediate update from the play store. This will fail while trying to download, so will trying to download any other app, even apps you already have installed that you didn't think made it over. See above.

Wait.
By this point I had turned off my wifi and was running on LTE to see if that made a difference, it didn't. Even tried a battery pull to see if that helped. It seems that the new OS is doing something with the SD card, possibly changing permission settings, optimizing, etc. Not sure. After about 30 minutes of not having access to some programs, low and behold they all of a sudden had good icons and they worked. Not really sure what took so long.

All in all it seems to be working fine, will know more after a day or two of use. I would suggest not starting this until you have time to work with it. If you mission critical stuff that you need constantly, wait.

Michael

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks