Verizon Trade in program for Droid ERIS

the3dolla

Reaction score
I have a Droid Eris that is stuck in safe mode, most likely because the track ball is broken/dirty. I'm thinking about sending it in via the Verizon Trade In program.

They only ask: Does it power up? Does the Display Work? Is the display cracked?
It's Yes, Yes, No. However under the does it power up it has:

All devices should be able to power up with no functional problems. Handset devices should be able to dial, connect, and allow a conversation to be spoken and heard clearly.

I guess since it's in safe mode that's a no go? Has anyone used this to turn in their Eris for some $? I've seen on ebay, someone's auction didn't even go for the minimu, which is $11. Verizon will give $20.

Have you tried to partially plug in your usb cable? A lot of times, that will get the track ball to work. There is also a "trackball-less" recovery, but I dont know if you need the track ball to install the new recovery. You should be able to ADB push it to your phone though.

I'll try plugging it in half way while booting it up and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

If I kept it, it would just be a backup phone; I'm thinking I just want to get rid of it. If I can get $20, that's a plus. I'll probably just send it in, if they say "no value" after getting it.. oh well.

Right now a working Eris, with no screen cracks is fetching $0 in the Verizon trade-in program.

So you should just keep it.

EDIT: I did this last week and it came back $0. Now it is $20! Cool! :)

Last edited:
Right now a working Eris, with no screen cracks is fetching $0 in the Verizon trade-in program.

Um, I've double checked today and a Droid Eris is $20..

Um, I've double checked today and a Droid Eris is $20..

Yeah, that is why I added the EDIT. Seriously, I did this on Friday and it came back $0.

Just got my confirmation that I should get my $20 gift card soon.. heck they weren't even selling for $20 on ebay

Back