Verizon unlock code won't work overseas

emilm

Reaction score
I just bought the moto droid pro from Verizon and told them that the main purpose would be using the phone unlocked overseas. They kindly supplied me with the unlock code. Now i am in Thailand and it won't work. Once i insert any local sim cards I get " sim network code" request. I called Verizon and they gave me 2 codes that won't work at all. Here i am with a "world" phone that is useless. Can anyone help please?
Thank you,
Emil

nomad2000

Reaction score
I think maybe something wrong, verizon gave u wrong code.

I'm using china mobile's gsm sim card in drois pro. Everything is fine

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

robusa

Reaction score
droid pro, unlocking using in asia

hi there. i just got the droid pro from verizon. what was the process to get the unlock code from verizon so i can use a sim from hong kong or china?

i appreciate it very much!

techguru

Reaction score

hi there. i just got the droid pro from verizon. what was the process to get the unlock code from verizon so i can use a sim from hong kong or china?

Call Global Support (the Droid Pro should have come with a card with their number) and tell them you want to unlock your SIM. You must be a customer in good standing (at least three months of bills paid on time).

Alan

mbd4524

Reaction score
I just bought the moto droid pro from Verizon and told them that the main purpose would be using the phone unlocked overseas. They kindly supplied me with the unlock code. Now i am in Thailand and it won't work. Once i insert any local sim cards I get " sim network code" request. I called Verizon and they gave me 2 codes that won't work at all. Here i am with a "world" phone that is useless. Can anyone help please?
Thank you,
Emil

So here's the deal. While the phone CAN be unlocked overseas, it first has to be registered in the U.S. I just found that out the hard way. I got a phone sent to me overseas, called global support to unlock, and the unlock was successful. However, after that, you are prompted to register the phone. This MUST be done in the U.S. So now I have to get the phone back there to register. Not sure if this was your problem, but I think it's something people should know.

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
This is all very helpful. All of this has made me a little nervous about my upcoming international travel. I just ordered an AT&T SIM card from Amazon for $1.51 (shipping included). I know the phone won't work on AT&T in the states, but at least this will allow me to ensure my unlock code works while I am still in the US and able to do something about it.

droidproxt610

Reaction score

hello, i take a droid pro from ameria to china(beijing), but i don't know how to unlock the phone. Would please tell me how to unlock it. I am in beijing. Thank you very much!
[email protected]

SingingAlcazar

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm in Asia too and I have a similar problem as the thread starter and others in the list. I have a Brand New in Box Droid Pro I bought off of Ebay. Now normally I believe that Brand New is better than Used but in this case a NEVER ACTIVATED phone is pretty useless for me given that I don't live in the USA.

Do I have *ANY* recourse? Will the new droidbandunlock (twitter.com/droidbandunlock) help me? Or will I need to ship it back to the USA to someone and get it activated?

How can I get it activated? Do I need to sign up for a prepaid line? Can I just sign up and kill the line then unlock it with an unlock code I buy online so I can use it in Asia (with of course a non-Verizon/non-USA SIM card)?

Sigh, what a pain in the ass.

SingingAlcazar

Reaction score

Call Global Support (the Droid Pro should have come with a card with their number) and tell them you want to unlock your SIM. You must be a customer in good standing (at least three months of bills paid on time).

Alan

Thanks Alan. Has anyone who got an NEW UN-ACTIVATED Droid Pro managed to get it working overseas? If so, how?

Or did you guys get activated phones that were then unlocked?

mbd4524

Reaction score
I purchased unlocked from amazon wireless and got it sent to me directly overseas.
I was able to unlock via Verizon global by temporarily putting the phone on a Verizon plan. From my understanding, you can get the phone unlocked by paying for one of these unlocking services.
At that point, the phone prompted me to complete the registration. I could not seem to get out of that screen. I then called back Verizon global and they informed me that I would have to ship my phone back to the US in order to unlock there. I was obviously furious at that point.
The next day I picked up the phone again, and walllaa..it was working.
Same thing happened when I did a hard reset on it. It seems like you have to register it, but if you play round with it enough, it somehow skips the process.

SingingAlcazar

Reaction score
I purchased unlocked from amazon wireless and got it sent to me directly overseas.
I was able to unlock via Verizon global by temporarily putting the phone on a Verizon plan. From my understanding, you can get the phone unlocked by paying for one of these unlocking services.
At that point, the phone prompted me to complete the registration. I could not seem to get out of that screen. I then called back Verizon global and they informed me that I would have to ship my phone back to the US in order to unlock there. I was obviously furious at that point.
Same thing happened when I did a hard reset on it. It seems like you have to register it, but if you play round with it enough, it somehow skips the process.

mbd4524 (I'm not sure what to call you) :)

That's great news. what do you mean "play around with it"? Type in random numbers?

When you put it on the plan, did you ever get bars of signal or no?

How long (roughly) was it between the time it was "locked" and the time it was "unlocked"?

How did you hard reset it? Did you install the new OS?

Thanks so much for the good news...let's see if I can duplicate it.

mbd4524

Reaction score

mbd4524 (I'm not sure what to call you) :)

That's great news. what do you mean "play around with it"? Type in random numbers?

When you put it on the plan, did you ever get bars of signal or no?

How long (roughly) was it between the time it was "locked" and the time it was "unlocked"?

How did you hard reset it? Did you install the new OS?

Thanks so much for the good news...let's see if I can duplicate it.
I was just going back and forth to any screen it would allow me to untill it finally showed me the home screen.
I unlocked 2 days after purchase. They just took my regular phone off the plan and put it on my pro, gaveme the unlock code, then put the number right back on my other phone.

norifuku

Reaction score
Thanks Alan. Has anyone who got an NEW UN-ACTIVATED Droid Pro managed to get it working overseas? If so, how?

I did. I bought plain conditioned Droid Pro on ebay and using it in Japan.

First time I powering up my devices with Verizon SIM card, I asked to activate. But after I replace it with Softbank's (Japan local carrier) SIM card, I asked unlock code, but not asked to do activation. I did noting special.

Softbank SIM card won't establish data connection all I can do is call and SMS, but it's must be another problem I think.

mbd4524

Reaction score

I did. I bought plain conditioned Droid Pro on ebay and using it in Japan.

First time I powering up my devices with Verizon SIM card, I asked to activate. But after I replace it with Softbank's (Japan local carrier) SIM card, I asked unlock code, but not asked to do activation. I did noting special.

Softbank SIM card won't establish data connection all I can do is call and SMS, but it's must be another problem I think.
I had to manually add new access point name. The local provider helped me with that.

hkgck

Reaction score
I am living in Hong Kong and got an un-Activated Droid Pro too.
I'm wondering where I can find the SIM Network Unlock PIN.
I don't even have a Verizon phone contract. Neither have I ever been a customer of Verizon.