Volume Vibrate/Mute

maslan

Reaction score
I normally run a widget that is one touch - vibrate/mute/normal instead of having to do the drop down. But no matter what widget i install it will not change the ringtone to vibrate or off? It will change status if i go into the drop down and change it there - then when i look at the widget it will show vibrate or mute - but it will not let me change it with the widget. Weird??

Thoughts?? I have tried 3 different widgets and none worked. Running the 1.9.16 version right now.

Daballa

Reaction score
Started happening about 2 or 3 builds ago. Very annoying IMO, used to change my volume with volume+ or bw toggles but neither work. The problem I hate most is having to go through settings to switch the vibrate option.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Mohawk3

Reaction score
Both timeriffic (setting up a sound, vibration, wifi, etc profile for a certain time period) and audio manager work for setting my phone to vibrate, but I don't really use a widget. The only thing about them is that if I don't remove the phone from my pocket, I will inadvertently hit the volume rocker and bring it of vibrate mode. I use free versions of both apps from the market. Buzz off (also free) works for me for turning off the sound and putting it in vibrate mode for a specified time period.

Daballa

Reaction score
Thanks for thr tip but I really dont use a timer function and audio manager doesnt solve the probem either. I want my widget to in one simple tap go from silent to vibrate to sound on. These volume apps dont seem to allow this with miui now due to the fact that there is no independant vibrate setting. You have to put your phone in silent mode (can be done different ways) but then the only way to turn vibrate on/off is through settings/sound. In the past, vibrate was independent of silent and now it is a sub-setting of silent mode.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Mohawk3

Reaction score
Thanks for thr tip but I really dont use a timer function and audio manager doesnt solve the probem either. I want my widget to in one simple tap go from silent to vibrate to sound on. These volume apps dont seem to allow this with miui now due to the fact that there is no independant vibrate setting. You have to put your phone in silent mode (can be done different ways) but then the only way to turn vibrate on/off is through settings/sound. In the past, vibrate was independent of silent and now it is a sub-setting of silent mode.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

The timeriffic one can be set up to automatically come on at a specific time and revert back at another time without any work by you. I realize this may not actually be what you are looking for, but it has worked great for me at school and at work for keeping my phone in vibrate mode and letting me hear the ringer and notifications when my class or work is done for the day. I like it because I used to forget to turn the sound back up after work was done. I only use buzz off for one time events like movies.

Go Browns!