jimmer69

Reaction score
Should I wait till the June 30 ota update to root my thunderbolt

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yurdle

Reaction score
Should I wait till the June 30 ota update to root my thunderbolt

You can just do it now, but remember not to do OTA once rooted... It shouldn't take the devs very long to provide a update method for us root users

turdbogls

Reaction score
yeah just do it now. even after the OTA (which may or may not come out on the 30th) you are probably going ot have to downgrade and root, then upgrade. might as well do it now. run a rooted froyo ROM, or jump straight to GB like i did. liquid gingersense is pretty sweet and seems issue free to me after the 6 or so hours i have played with it.

then once the OTA comes out, we are going to see a bunch of really stable GB roms.

OP
J

jimmer69

Reaction score
Thanks because I'm new to rooting I rooted my HTC aria last night using unrevoked can I use that for thunderbolt as well any help is appreciated

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
Thanks because I'm new to rooting I rooted my HTC aria last night using unrevoked can I use that for thunderbolt as well any help is appreciated

no, there are no one click root methods for the thunderbolt.

turdbogls

Reaction score

dont think so.
i used this "one click" method the other day and it worked great. very simple and fairly "freak out" free :)
[Auto] Root and Unroot (Windows)**Updated**5/20** w/MR1 update - Android Forums

there are other methods using ADB and manually pushing the files, but this "one click" does the same thing, it just does it for you and walks you through the steps.

OP
J

jimmer69

Reaction score
Thanks for your help

Droid592

Reaction score
I wanted to try gingeritis or CM7 but both download links I found didn't work so I gave up -_-

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Does the Auto Root work on all firmware versions or only those below 1.12? I'm currently on 1.13.605.7