Weather app w/location

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Can anyone recommend a good weather app, that will actually change locations instead of me having to input each city, when i get there? Thanks for any help.:p

I like Dark Sky. Premium features are $2.99/year. It's hyper local to your location. I've had it give me weather for the block I'm on sometimes instead of the entire town.

It even gives a notification when rain, snow, etc are starting & stopping in your area.

It's got a pretty simple UI, but I like it. Gives me the info I need without extra flash.

I used the Weather Channel for a long time before giving Dark Sky a try. It didn't do a bad job, but had more than I needed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I like Dark Sky. Premium features are $2.99/year. It's hyper local to your location. I've had it give me weather for the block I'm on sometimes instead of the entire town.

It even gives a notification when rain, snow, etc are starting & stopping in your area.

It's got a pretty simple UI, but I like it. Gives me the info I need without extra flash.

I used the Weather Channel for a long time before giving Dark Sky a try. It didn't do a bad job, but had more than I needed.

I downloaded it, but couldn't find my location on the widget. Am i missing something?:(

Did you open the app, or go right for the widget?

I opened it, but i haven't started the free trial. Is that why the widgets doesn't put the city name on?:confused:

That might be. I'm not 100% sure what the premium features are, but you might want to start the trial.

I started the free trial, but no location on the widget. Isn't that like basic info?

A weather icon, and the temp. No location.:mad:

Ah. Sorry. I just tried it & mine doesn't say the location name either. I just take for granted that the app is tracking me when I use it, but I actually just leave the weather card up in the Google Now Launcher.

I guess I misunderstood that you were looking for a widget that says your location name.

Have you tried the Google Now widget?

I also used to use Beautiful Widgets, for years. Weather & clock widgets. Tons of themes.

Thanks for trying. I'll find something.:p

Weather Underground has this.
400e8971e8361589ee57129857290b79.jpg

f9ccecaddd09c510fbf1b4636d095b7d.jpg

501e03aeff944777d78ef634500fb4e0.jpg

Lots of choices. I pay the $2a year for premium that I think only removes ads. You might try it the freebie and see if the widgets are a part of it? Refresh rates are changeable as well,1 hour being the shortest interval based on current GPS location.
How that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Here's the thing. When i get to a different city, the location doesn't show on the weather widget. So i type in the name, and it never changes back when i get home. The stock google now widget changes perfectly, but looks like crap.

Weather Underground has this.
400e8971e8361589ee57129857290b79.jpg

f9ccecaddd09c510fbf1b4636d095b7d.jpg

501e03aeff944777d78ef634500fb4e0.jpg

Lots of choices. I pay the $2a year for premium that I think only removes ads. You might try it the freebie and see if the widgets are a part of it? Refresh rates are changeable as well,1 hour being the shortest interval based on current GPS location.
How that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

The widget looks good, but it's too small. I've got 20/20 and i have a hard time seeing it.:D

The widget looks good, but it's too small. I've got 20/20 and i have a hard time seeing it.:D
There are 7 to choose from, the one in the second photo can be resized from 2x2 to as large as full screen.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Back