Welcome to the Droid 4 Forum!

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Wouldn't get ur hopes up guys on a D4 release anytime soon. A Verizon phone usually has a life in their system for 9 months then its out with old and in with the new. The D3 is to nice and if its selling good why would they drop the D4. I say its a spring release but that's just me.

Sent from my Moto Droid

akhi216

Reaction score
Wouldn't get ur hopes up guys on a D4 release anytime soon. A Verizon phone usually has a life in their system for 9 months then its out with old and in with the new. The D3 is to nice and if its selling good why would they drop the D4. I say its a spring release but that's just me.

Sent from my Moto Droid

A source on HoFo thinks the opposite. A Verizon phone's appearance in their system means nothing; the Droid 3 didn't show up in their system until like 2 weeks before launch (if my memory serves me correctly). The Droid 3 isn't selling as good as it was at one point, and if I'm correct, they aren't offering the BOGO deal, and it has to compete with the Droid RAZR. It would make sense to drop the Droid 4 around the Xmas season IMO; I don't think that Verizon would extend the return window to sometime in January just for the Rezound, the Droid RAZR, and the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
and the razr was released not too long after the x2. people arent buying too many x2's or d3's cause they want 4G and faster processors. innovation seems to be slowing down when it comes to cell phone processor speed lol

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
A source on HoFo thinks the opposite. A Verizon phone's appearance in their system means nothing; the Droid 3 didn't show up in their system until like 2 weeks before launch (if my memory serves me correctly). The Droid 3 isn't selling as good as it was at one point, and if I'm correct, they aren't offering the BOGO deal, and it has to compete with the Droid RAZR. It would make sense to drop the Droid 4 around the Xmas season IMO; I don't think that Verizon would extend the return window to sometime in January just for the Rezound, the Droid RAZR, and the Galaxy Nexus.

Well in all honesty I hope your right. I love my D1 and the KB, I would love to see this D4 out tomorrow, I just don't wanna get my hopes up but I really hope you all are right.

As far as the Razr and the X2, I do believe the Razr is taking its spot and it will be gone before long.

Sent from my Moto Droid

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
i was really excited for the D4...until i heard you can't remove the battery (without taking the phone apart), which worries me. dont get me wrong. im still excited to see it. but the chances of me getting it, have been decreased by this fact...

Last edited:

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I believe this phone will come out very soon. It has the droid razr styling so why would they wait to release it? If the droid bionic had come out when it was supposed to(Like march/april I believe) with the Droid 3 styling it would have been better because they could have marketed them similarly. Sorry if this is a little confusing but do you kind of get what I'm saying? I believe verizon will release this before the end of the year since the styling of the Droid RAZR is still fresh in everyone's mind. Does anyone have any idea what the price tag will be? I have no idea how the new upgrades work now-a-days(Still on my parent's plan).

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
I believe this phone will come out very soon. It has the droid razr styling so why would they wait to release it? If the droid bionic had come out when it was supposed to(Like march/april I believe) with the Droid 3 styling it would have been better because they could have marketed them similarly. Sorry if this is a little confusing but do you kind of get what I'm saying? I believe verizon will release this before the end of the year since the styling of the Droid RAZR is still fresh in everyone's mind. Does anyone have any idea what the price tag will be? I have no idea how the new upgrades work now-a-days(Still on my parent's plan).

all of these new phones come with a price tag of $249-$299 depending on what market you at in. most are $299 i believe.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
So there are no longer discounts given out if you use an upgrade?

i think every carriers "discount" is you get it for the new contract price. and online places like amazon and wirefly give deals on phones. if you go to a third party like Target Mobile(its my second job), they usually always have better prices. and you can trade in your old phone(and other stuff) and use your red card(saves you 5%)...right now target mobile has the Samsung Stratosphere and HTC Thunderbolt for FREE and the Samsung Charge for $50

amazon new price for razr is $0.01...upgrade price is $230
wirefly new price for razr is $230(i think)...upgrade price is $250

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Oh okay cool I know amazon always has awesome deals on stuff. Well hopefully this phone is coming out soon!

TC_Mits

Reaction score
But if it came with ICS wouldn't that kind of push the DROID RAZR back a little bit?

If it drops this year it won't be ICS.
That would happen only if they hold it back towards Spring. The Nexus will be the first ICS phone. The D4 will be at least a cupla weeks later, probly closer to a month - if it's coming this year.
So, any word yet on the Nexus?

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

akhi216

Reaction score
So, any word yet on the Nexus?

VZW Boardroom #1

[video=youtube;umrKjcriAps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umrKjcriAps[/video]

VZW Boardroom #2

[video=youtube;HZMGiiQr46Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=HZMGiiQr46Q[/video]

TC_Mits

Reaction score
... if you go to a third party like Target Mobile(its my second job), they usually always have better prices. and you can trade in your old phone(and other stuff) and use your red card(saves you 5%)...right now target mobile has the Samsung Stratosphere and HTC Thunderbolt for FREE

What kind of break could I get on a T-bolt outright - cash and carry?

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )