Welcome to the Droid Incredible 4G Forum!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the latest addition of DroidForums.net dedicated to the upcoming HTC Droid Incredible 4G. So let us know your thoughts on this? Anyone disappointed in the specs? I was hoping we would see something more along the lines of the HTC One X..

thebeeobee

Reaction score
I'm excited, honestly! ASSUMING IT IS NOT $299! That was a link to the Droid Razr Maxx. If this is $149 or below, it's a steal for what you get!

As is, other than screen, this would be the best phone on Verizon today. I assume the camera is upgraded like the One series, the screen should use less battery than most other of the current big LTE phones, and the processor is a beast that destroys previous gen phones.

So it comes down to the screen. You can get an upcoming Droid Fighter for $299 or this hopefully at a mid range price. I'll save the money, and use the phone as a hotspot for a tablet with a legit screen size.

Also, i found the extended battery for sale already: Hands On with the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE Extended Battery

pjniez

Reaction score
I wish this phone had a bigger screen also. I'll probably continue to use my Incredible 2 and wait for something better to come out. It would be nice to get ICS on my Incredible 2 to make they wait for a better phone not seem so long!

Anyway... Does anyone know of a release date for the 4g Incredible?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
This definitely disappointed me. I have the Rezound, and i am looking for a replacement so that i can pass my Rezound on to my wife. This looks like a little brother to the Rezound. A step backwards. What about this phone makes it more attractive than the Rezound, other than it is a little thinner and lighter(because it is smaller).
smaller screen. weaker screen. weaker processor. less storage.
And this is our substitute for the One X. Very Disappointed.

Does anyone know if this camera is a step up from the Rezound. Looks like the same specs to me, but i cant tell for sure. The Rezound has a great camera, and has replaced my old point and shoot.

thebeeobee

Reaction score
This definitely disappointed me. I have the Rezound, and i am looking for a replacement so that i can pass my Rezound on to my wife. This looks like a little brother to the Rezound. A step backwards. What about this phone makes it more attractive than the Rezound, other than it is a little thinner and lighter(because it is smaller).
smaller screen. weaker screen. weaker processor. less storage.
And this is our substitute for the One X. Very Disappointed.

Does anyone know if this camera is a step up from the Rezound. Looks like the same specs to me, but i cant tell for sure. The Rezound has a great camera, and has replaced my old point and shoot.

It is NOT a weaker processor. It will trounce the Rezound as far as cpu, gpu go in tests. Will you notice a difference in day to day use? Depends on what you do. The S4 is a beast.

Also, Sense 4.0 vs 3.6 (4.0 is getting great reviews...3.6 is getting complaints for typical Sense bloat).

The battery life will be a huge improvement. The One S battery life is amazing, and this with a smaller screen, underclocked processor and bigger battery should be ever better!

Also, you get NFC capabilities. New bluetooth.

I wouldn't upgrade from a Rezound, either, though. The next round of S4's that come out in the fall will have a GPU upgrade that will be very significant.

Oh yeah, it will have the new camera processer that allows for zero lag shooting.

Phenom18

Reaction score
I love my Incredible one but I'm not sure about this one.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I love my Incredible one but I'm not sure about this one.

I've had both the Incredible 1 & 2 and I loved them both. Coming from an Dinc 1 the new Dinc will blow you away with how nice it is. My wife is using my Dinc 2 until her upgrade time comes and the Dinc 4g looks like a contender depending on the price. As for me the specs on it just aren't there for me to want to move away from my Rezound. Besides I'm not due for an upgrade for a while.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I suppose i don't understand processors then. It seems like a 1.5 processor would be larger stronger than a 1.2. Is this not the case? I relate it to cars. Even a new I-4 wouldn't be as strong as an older V-8. Other components matter too obviously, but one engine to another a V-8 is always stronger than an I-4. Am i ridiculous in my analogy. I would love some clarification please. Thanks.

I heard that sense 3.6 is basically sense 4.0 but based on our current hardware. meaning we wont get zero shutter speed which does look cool, but the Rezound must be as close to zero most of the time as you can get. I haven't heard anything else that 3.6 will be lacking from 4.0.

I personally wouldn't sacrifice size or screen quality for battery life. Inevitably a smaller phone will use less power. Life's full of trade offs.

I would dig the NFC, but I don't know of any locations that are using this tech right now anyways.
I don't know what new Bluetooth does, just that it is new.

I really just wish Verizon didn't try to be so individual and refuse to carry the premier phones. Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC One X. Don't get me wrong. This Incredible looks like a great phone, but it certainly inst going to be best phone of the year or anything. I don't know if it is HTC or Verizon, but someone is dropping the ball. Rezound should have whooped the Razr tail, and given the S2 some competition, but for the marketing. And today everyone is looking at the Galaxy S3 and the ONE X, while Verizon brings this to the battle?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suppose i don't understand processors then. It seems like a 1.5 processor would be larger stronger than a 1.2. Is this not the case? I relate it to cars. Even a new I-4 wouldn't be as strong as an older V-8. Other components matter too obviously, but one engine to another a V-8 is always stronger than an I-4. Am i ridiculous in my analogy. I would love some clarification please. Thanks.

Stronger, but might not run better, depends on how it's tweaked...

I'm no chip expert either, but the big plus with the S4 is that LTE and 3G will be handled on a single chipset, as far as I understand it anyway - which should make the radio much more efficient in battery use - something these LTE devices desperately need.

thebeeobee

Reaction score
Stronger, but might not run better, depends on how it's tweaked...

I'm no chip expert either, but the big plus with the S4 is that LTE and 3G will be handled on a single chipset, as far as I understand it anyway - which should make the radio much more efficient in battery use - something these LTE devices desperately need.

Go the Rezound forum. Every problem people complain about will be fixed by this phone. Battery life and Heat being the two main ones.

Not to mention, if you check comparisons on anandtech, the Rezound had the slowest GPU of all of last gen's phones. Now it will have the same GPU as the One X, SIII (usa edition), etc. The S4 will have an even better GPU in the fall if you really are concerned about getting the greatest phone.

If you'd like to familiarize yourself with the Krait architecture, check out the articles on anandtech (search for Krait preview). Those clock speeds are only valid for comparisons within the same architecture.

By the logic above, a 3.8ghz pentium 4 should destroy a 2.8ghz i7 processor...of course, it's not even close.

You will see about a 50% speed increase from the krait, possibly more.

Reaction score
It is NOT a weaker processor. It will trounce the Rezound as far as cpu, gpu go in tests. Will you notice a difference in day to day use? Depends on what you do. The S4 is a beast.

Also, Sense 4.0 vs 3.6 (4.0 is getting great reviews...3.6 is getting complaints for typical Sense bloat).

The battery life will be a huge improvement. The One S battery life is amazing, and this with a smaller screen, underclocked processor and bigger battery should be ever better!

Also, you get NFC capabilities. New bluetooth.

I wouldn't upgrade from a Rezound, either, though. The next round of S4's that come out in the fall will have a GPU upgrade that will be very significant.

Oh yeah, it will have the new camera processer that allows for zero lag shooting.

The camera processor that you mentioned is the one that has all these features in this link, right?
HTC ImageSense - HTC Sense features

If all these camera features are included with that's phone that's awesome! They should be since they are included with Sense 4.0...

thebeeobee

Reaction score
The camera processor that you mentioned is the one that has all these features in this link, right?
HTC ImageSense - HTC Sense features

If all these camera features are included with that's phone that's awesome! They should be since they are included with Sense 4.0...

"Like most new HTC phones, a lot of noise is being made about the Incredible's camera. There's an 8-megapixel, rear-facing camera with autofocus, LED flash, BSI, f/2.2 and 28 mm lens. HTC Video Pic allows you to shoot HD video and capture photos at the same time."

via PC MAG

Hoping that someone puts up some hands-on tests from this conference.

The biggest disappointment for me is not getting a release date tonight. I'm in dire need of a new phone and now I still don't know when I'm getting one. :(

thebeeobee

Reaction score
I just watched a video on this site
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE for Verizon hands-on at CTIA 2012 (update: video) -- Engadget
and was informed that the camera for this phone isn't the same one that's on the One S. Does that mean that the camera won't be as described on HTC's Sense site? Or does it mean that the camera will have the same functions only it's just a different camera?

I can not wait to find out the answer to your question. Verizon is terrible at releasing phones.

Reaction score
I can not wait to find out the answer to your question. Verizon is terrible at releasing phones.

I think I found out the answer a few minutes ago... the camera won't be the same so it won't be able to take rapid-fire shots like the htc sense description says.
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE Hands-on: Fast and One-Hand Friendly

Then again I read another article that says the camera chip details aren't known yet.
Hands On With the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

To completely contradict that last link here's another one.
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE Briefly Shows Up On DroidDoes.com
In this link scroll down to the second image and you can clearly see "Capture faster, take rapid-fire shots. new high + speed 8mp camera"

Are the camera details not known by the people that wrote the first article? The droiddoes.com leak does say that the phone is capable of rapid-fire shots which would make it the same camera described on htcsense.com.

Thoughts anyone?