Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forums!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been tossing around getting this myself. However, will it be something I can really have mounted on my motorcycle to use Google Maps? That could be a deal killer.

SgtGoldy

Reaction score
Vulcan1600 said:
I've been tossing around getting this myself. However, will it be something I can really have mounted on my motorcycle to use Google Maps? That could be a deal killer.

My buddy mounted it on his note onto his Ducati 1198. Never tried mounting a phone onto mine. But his seems to hold up. Hell I've seen on the someone on YouTube mount a galaxy tab to their motorcycle

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My buddy mounted it on his note onto his Ducati 1198. Never tried mounting a phone onto mine. But his seems to hold up.

I have a RAM Mount for my bike and works great with my Thunderbolt. I like to ride and have to use Google Maps to get me home :) I'm sure there will be a RAM mount or something similar once I'm ready to upgrade in late January.

SgtGoldy

Reaction score
Vulcan1600 said:
I have a RAM Mount for my bike and works great with my Thunderbolt. I like to ride and have to use Google Maps to get me home :) I'm sure there will be a RAM mount or something similar once I'm ready to upgrade in late January.

I use the OEM mount for my Razr in my G37. I love it and hope they make one just as good for the note II

bonespiel

Reaction score
What is the retail price going to be set @ without contract?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I hope the battery is big enough for more play time. I have the Razr Maxx and the battery on that is insane. If it gets 75% of what the Maxx does, I'm in.

The battery is 3100 mah vs 3300 on the maxx. Its removable though so we could easily see 4500mah or bigger extended batteries

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

bonespiel

Reaction score
That's pretty steep but to be expected for a top notch device! I guess I start saving now. Thanks for the info.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes it is.. i just want them to release it..

Reeftivo

Reaction score
i would guess 699.00

engadget reports:
"We just heard back from US Cellular that the full retail cost of the Note II will be $800." (note: on sept 19th)
I would imagine the Big four would be somewhere close to that as well but we wont know for a few more weeks

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
engadget reports:
"We just heard back from US Cellular that the full retail cost of the Note II will be $800." (note: on sept 19th)
I would imagine the Big four would be somewhere close to that as well but we wont know for a few more weeks

ouch .....

Reeftivo

Reaction score
I kind of expected something between 7 and 8 bills. I've been hoarding spare change since June and can't wait for this thing.

tmob has a decent unlimited family plan if people cant fork over the retail price and need to get a subsidized device. The tmob version will come with the HSPA+ but will also come LTE ready so when they finish their LTE network next year, the phone will be on par with VZ LTE speeds. Their HSPA+ is still fast though

Haven't seen any bad reviews or issues other than the split screen/multi task software thing on the european models from the UK. I've been looking for both good and bad.

All seems smooth

Go Sammy!

Last edited:

bonespiel

Reaction score
I may have to consider the t-mobile idea as an option. Thanks for the info. Update: I officially am the proud owner on a Galaxy Note II on Verizon not T-mobile and loving it with my grandfathered unlimited data plan. I paid dearly but I treasure it ;)

Last edited:

Reeftivo

Reaction score
I hear ya!

Their speed reviews were only second the VZs LTE and that was with their 4G HSPA+ network.

Sprint was third and ATT was a dismal last