What are you replacing your Note 7 with?

shockracer

Reaction score
Being we went full Samsung Gear Fit 2's, Wireless chargers, Gear VR, wall chargers and car chargers, we are leaning to the S7 Edge to be able to most of the items we have already invested in. I want VZW to leave our plan open for trade in so we can Upgrade to an S8 or Note 8 when they come out since we will be taking a step backwards with the Edge.

What are you guys planning on going with and/or hoping to do in all this mess?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the LG V20 for the year, although all this recall business has pushed my upgrade Availability back like 2 months possibly 3.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 7

OP
shockracer

shockracer

Reaction score
I just confirmed that we have our Note 7s free of charge and they still don't know what to do if i decide to hold out till at least the S8 series.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
@jstafford1 and I went to the IPhone 7+ because we haven't tried IOS. So far so good

Sent from my neat IPhone 7+

To be honest iOS isn't as bad as every android lover has made it out to be. It's actually been quite versatile and you can do a lot with it. Also...kind of a slap in the face but all the Google Apps work and look better in iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
all the Google Apps work and look better in iOS.
I've heard that from folks that bounce back and forth between the two.

I haven't tried iOS since like the iPhone 4. I know it's become a lot more like Android since then and the app stores are comparable.

I just don't like the lack of a real back button and the fact that the settings for apps are all lumped together in the settings app instead of being within the apps themselves. At least, that's been my experience with it when helping others.

Like I've said elsewhere, I've joined some competitions to try and win an iPhone 7. I'd definitely like to play with one and give it a better shot than I did back in the day, but can't see spending money on one without knowing for sure that I'll enjoy it.

Even then, I've paid for so many apps on Android that I'd have to buy again that I'm not really sure if it'd be worth it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've heard that from folks that bounce back and forth between the two.

I haven't tried iOS since like the iPhone 4. I know it's become a lot more like Android since then and the app stores are comparable.

I just don't like the lack of a real back button and the fact that the settings for apps are all lumped together in the settings app instead of being within the apps themselves. At least, that's been my experience with it when helping others.

Like I've said elsewhere, I've joined some competitions to try and win an iPhone 7. I'd definitely like to play with one and give it a better shot than I did back in the day, but can't see spending money on one without knowing for sure that I'll enjoy it.

Even then, I've paid for so many apps on Android that I'd have to buy again that I'm not really sure if it'd be worth it.

The back button takes a little getting used to. But the settings for the apps are in the apps. The app settings in the settings app are for notifications and permissions basically, and that's no much different than android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Well I ended up going with an S7 Edge since my work jumped on the bandwagon with banning Note 7's... I wish Samsung would make the Edge UI more like the Note!

Congrats ! I've heard they wanted to bring more features over to other devices ...hopefully they get some ported over ...S7 Edge is a solid device really can't go wrong ...

iPhone Seven Plus

ngt

Reaction score
well, that's out. got to best buy and they said my pre-order was cancelled and the Verizon lg v20 is delayed for at least 7 days. I just want this phone **** over with now, lol

OP
shockracer

shockracer

Reaction score
well, that's out. got to best buy and they said my pre-order was cancelled and the Verizon lg v20 is delayed for at least 7 days. I just want this phone **** over with now, lol

That's the point we got to. S7 Edge was the closest to the Note 7. Also, VZW to told me I'm not locked down to our S7 Edges either. I can upgrade in 5 months or 1 year do to the circumstances of the Note 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: ngt

ngt

Reaction score
That's the point we got to. S7 Edge was the closest to the Note 7. Also, VZW to told me I'm not locked down to our S7 Edges either. I can upgrade in 5 months or 1 year do to the circumstances of the Note 7.

that's good to know. I want the v20 though. I want the ir blaster and screen that isn't rounded.

OP
shockracer

shockracer

Reaction score
Some of you might know this, we ordered our cases and a screen protector from Amazon for our Note 7s. I called today and asked about returning the 2 cases and the screen protector (I never used the screen protector because of poor reviews) and they are sending a shipping return label and giving us roughly an 80% refund. we bought all this back before the Note 7 started shipping, pretty happy with Amazon customer service!