What can I do?

Kibaby

Reaction score
With the x2 not getting the ICS I really need to improve my phone, it sucks! I don't want this new upgrade coming out bc that sucks too. What can I do? I don't know anything about rooting and all that but am willing to learn. Someone please help me!!! :(

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

tamlin42

Reaction score
Well cheapest option, if you can follow directions, install Cyanogenmod7, or CM7 for short. There's a specific version for dx2, you can look in the ROMs section of these forums, or over at xda if you're more comfortable there. not really recommended if you've never rooted or flashed before, however.

IN that case, the cheapest option is doing a simple root, buying Titanium backup, and de-bloating. There's a guide for that somewhere around here as well. if you haven't already, Go Launcher or Launcher Pro, both availalbe free or premium on appstore, have been known to improve the user experience greatly, and don't require root.

If you're willing to spend a little, you can buy a different phone. Droid 3 got great reviews, and ought to be on eBay or in retail at very reasonable price. Spend more and you can get a razr maxx, which i have heard nothing but good things about, or a GNex, which i've heard one or two trifling complaints about. as always, before you buy, go in and play with the phone for a bit.

dmgerbino

Reaction score
The Droid X2 is my first Android phone. I never rooted a phone before our installed a custom ROM. I went to XDA and found in the Droid X2 forums all the instructions need to install Cyanogen mod 7.2

I think this is one of a few or only Droid X2 mod with no motto blue. My phone rocks now. It's fast, a bit more stable, nearly flawless audio and video. There are a few drawbacks but I'm very happy.

I suggest you print out all the instructions and read them a few times to see if you are comfortable making the drastic change.

I even think there is a YouTube video on this exact subject.

Good luck.

Sent from my MB870 using DroidForums