Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Watching several YouTube videos on the Note 4 screen, I may just go naked.
Do it. You'll love it.
Same here. Phone in left pocket, keys in right pocket. Phone top edge down to minimize the amount of lint that gets pushed up into the charging port...
I vary whether the top is up or down by accident, but generally like the top up so I can slide the phone partially out of my pocket to check the time/see if I have notifications that I missed. Done so since the G1.

Sent from my Note 4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
A good drop will crack the screen either way. I've never seen a screen protector that gave as clear of a picture as the screen itself. I don't see the point in putting something on to protect the clarity/etc of the screen that takes away some clarity.
Sent from my Note 4
Sorry, but that's where you're wrong. That's the whole point of using a tempered glass protector. The look and feel is exactly like your screen and they do protect from drops. My wife dropped her S5 directly on her screen right on the corner of a concrete curb. Her TGSP shattered but her screen underneath was in prefect condition. Plus, the anti fingerprint coating on (at least the Verizon brand) means it attracts a lot less fingerprints than glass alone.
Trust me, I felt the exact same way you do for years and have never used a protector. Until I tried a TGSP. I'll never go without one now. Especially after seeing how well it protected my wife's phone. Unlike regular film protectors, you can't even tell anything is on your phone.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sorry, but that's where you're wrong. That's the whole point of using a tempered glass protector. The look and feel is exactly like your screen and they do protect from drops. My wife dropped her S5 directly on her screen right on the corner of a concrete curb. Her TGSP shattered but her screen underneath was in prefect condition. Plus, the anti fingerprint coating on (at least the Verizon brand) means it attracts a lot less fingerprints than glass alone.
Trust me, I felt the exact same way you do for years and have never used a protector. Until I tried a TGSP. I'll never go without one now. Especially after seeing how well it protected my wife's phone. Unlike regular film protectors, you can't even tell anything is on your phone.

S5 tap'n
I'm not here to debate the point. You're not gonna talk me into it & I couldn't care less what you prefer, but I'm not wrong. Your wife got lucky, but I guarantee there's a drop out there that will crack a screen with one of those on.

Sent from my Note 4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You like what you like and that's cool. Just giving you my experience. Take it or leave it.
That is what this thread is about afterall.

S5 tap'n

Caesars

Reaction score
I just threw on a black tech 21 case, wow I'm in love with this case. I have uses tech 21 (and enjoyed them)in the past, but something about this case just blows me away. I've never said to myself "i don't need anymore cases", but today is that day.

rongotti

Reaction score
While I am not big on the tempered glass ones, I love the rubberized compound of this Zagg HD one. I have dropped mine several times and it has never failed me. Plus I feel like it gives extra grip when I am trying to grab it out of my back pocket

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I am not big on the tempered glass ones, I love the rubberized compound of this Zagg HD one. I have dropped mine several times and it has never failed me. Plus I feel like it gives extra grip when I am trying to grab it out of my back pocket
How does it work with the stylus.

rongotti

Reaction score
Excellent, no noticeable difference at all from the naked screen to the Zagg screen

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Well for starters the screen on the Note 4 is not like the s3 and s4.....it has subtle curves around the edges that prevent some TG SP to adhere properly. Please let us know if you do find a specific brand that happens to adhere to the Note 4 without the "halo effect" around the edges.

sent from my sexy Note 4

The Note 4 is not the first screen by Samsung to use the 2d curve on the edges of the screen. This is just a screen manufacturer fail.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I want to try the otterbox symmetry case but they only have limited colors....

sent from my sexy Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Only the first three are available....the silly girly ones are not yet :-/

sent from my sexy Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haha! Oh.

So many cases don't seem to account for the speaker properly yet. They're raised up around it, but don't seem to provide space for the sound to escape.

My spigen neo hybrid is a great example. Sound is severely muffled if it's set on a flat surface.

Sent from my Note 4