What do you use to clean fingerprints and smudges?

eascross

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
So far I've just used wet tissue to wipe my G3 and works every time. Is it bad for the screen if I keep using wet tissue? What do you use to clean fingerprints and smudges?

A microfiber cloth works well.. A lens cleaning cloth for sun glasses... They make alcohol cleaning cloths..also lens cloths.. They work well too

Welcome to the Forum @eascross .

+1 Microfibre does a great job.

Microfiber scratches plastic though so I would keep it to the glass only. I use a T-shirt or just leave it dirty.

Welcome to the forum.
I put a coat of Rainx on my naked screens. For a few weeks it keeps the stuff from sticking but once it no longer does that it still makes it come off much easier with just a quick wipe with my shirt or a micro fiber cloth. No more deep cleaning with moist products.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Microfiber scratches plastic though so I would keep it to the glass only. I use a T-shirt or just leave it dirty.
There are different grades of micro fiber.. The really soft yellow is what I like I stay away from the green glass micro fiber.

Yes there are. I use 3 different kinds on my vehicles.

As i do on my guitars...

@eascross you could also use car wax.. Just a light coat over the glass.. Makes it easier to wipe off prints...

As i do on my guitars...

@eascross you could also use car wax.. Just a light coat over the glass.. Makes it easier to wipe off prints...

I've used car wax many times & it works well for me. Just be careful, use a light coat & stay away from any speaker openings

Tapped from a Nexus 6

We should duplicate this thread in the new S6 forum. The back of that phone is a fingerprint magnet.

Saw them on Shark Tank. I just pour a little whiskey on mine, use a lighter to ignite the excess and blow out the flame after 10 seconds. Germ free!

Disclaimer: kids please don't try this at home. I'm a professional.

S5 tap'n

I just pour a little whiskey on mine, use a lighter to ignite the excess and blow out the flame after 10 seconds. Germ free!

Disclaimer: kids please don't try this at home. I'm a professional.

S5 tap'n

Brilliant idea! Gonna try it tonight! :cool:

I'll try it with rubbing alcohol...

An lcd or led TV screen cleaner kit would work as well...

Back