What do you want us to do.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
hate to say it but not sure these older devices will handle GB as well as they do froyo.
if we see people have successfully run GB (and this does not mean works great except for.......) then reexamine this.

I totally agree with dmcleo, I do not believe that our OG Droids are built to handle GB. Many have tried and failed at successfully running the GB on the device. But again you two Sourcerer and magicians are an incredible team so you can probably do some 'magic' and get it to work.. but like i voted, I will say wait until 2.0 and based on the public opinion at that time move further!!

I will be there to test things for you (act as a guinea pig to test your modifications or a new ROM) if you need me!! So decide and do some MAGIC FOR US!!!!

sid_wisc

Reaction score
go to gingerbread, i like the copy/paste features that gingerbread offers plus i don't know that you guys could improve upon froyo much more than you already have.

Oh Neilrl, Neirl, Neirl, these guys have magic in their hands and thinking, they can bring wonder to Froyo. Do not question their capabilities.... Wait and watch their magic when the next release comes out... I believe everyone will be astonished by their capabilities once 2.0 is out...

I talked to them on IRC a few days back and the way everything went was amazing and I truly believe that this duo will get us something we never imagined...

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Just please for the love of god build droid 2 global support into your release! Fission is great and all but i want some damn choices here! All we D2G users have is the fission rom!!!

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
sorry droid 1 only.

Just please for the love of god build droid 2 global support into your release! Fission is great and all but i want some damn choices here! All we D2G users have is the fission rom!!!

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

Sorry we wil continue with the droid 1 only . The goal of this project was to have people glad they still had the droid 1 over the other alternatives and to insure we spend the time on the droid 1 that othes arent due to the support for multiple phones.

And i have no idea how to do stuff with locked bootloaders :) im sure i could learn but dont want to :)

Dan_08

Reaction score
First off I have loved the rom and updates. By far the smoothest and most options of any roms. I'm sure there is more you can do with froyo but my simple mind can't imagine any of that.

But since your soliciting ideas.... I think you guys should test out your skills and make the best GB rom available. If GB proves not to be stable then switch back to Froyo....but I'm pretty sure you'll have success with GB, plus more people that haven't tried Sourcery will give it a try if there is a solid GB Rom....

Either way I'll be waiting!

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
First off I have loved the rom and updates. By far the smoothest and most options of any roms. I'm sure there is more you can do with froyo but my simple mind can't imagine any of that.

But since your soliciting ideas.... I think you guys should test out your skills and make the best GB rom available. If GB proves not to be stable then switch back to Froyo....but I'm pretty sure you'll have success with GB, plus more people that haven't tried Sourcery will give it a try if there is a solid GB Rom....

Either way I'll be waiting!

Well your post sums it up. If we switch to gingerbread your look at months before we release anything. sicne gflam will be back in school and me back at work. i cant spend 20 hours a day for 5 days to rebuild , and the workings are different . It not a question of being able to do it its is it worth it. But we will do what the overwhelming number of people want.

T-Dev

Reaction score
keep going with 2.0... Everything in the current 1.3 is amazing so I want more more more lol.

If GB ever gets stable then revisit the option to build from that platform.

Dan_08

Reaction score
Well your post sums it up. If we switch to gingerbread your look at months before we release anything. sicne gflam will be back in school and me back at work. i cant spend 20 hours a day for 5 days to rebuild , and the workings are different . It not a question of being able to do it its is it worth it. But we will do what the overwhelming number of people want.

Completely understandable. If you stay with froyo or go to GB take your time, I keep finding new things on the rom to keep me busy.

Or maybe GB can be the summer blockbuster release!

donerico

Reaction score
I find it frustrating that most developers seem to have abandoned their Froyo ROMs (which still need work) to chase gingerbread. I say stay with froyo, it runs well on the Droid 1 and you are able to truly make magic with it. Keeping as you are is only going to increase your distance from the pack and keep Sourcery as the king of all ROMs.

jpnestel

Reaction score
Absolutely stick w froyo. U guys r rockin it so far! Can't wait to see what 2.0 has in store...

nornevrder

Reaction score
I have switched ROMS and have always came back to this one. I played on UD's GB for um 2hrs and switched back cause I couldn't take the instability. I say if there are improvments to be made in Froyo keep going with it until 1.you are board with it or 2. you have ran out of options to improve upon. Keep on doin what your doin. Keep up the awesome work

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I'll admit that I don't know all the differences between froyo and GB, but I say stick with what you can make more stable. And right now that appears to be froyo. You guys have done an amazing job making this ROM both very stable and very fast. I'd hate to see those two important characteristics suffer for the sake of incorporating GB ...

That being said, if GB is successfully built on D1 I say go for it. But let the other guys figure it all out :tongue: I'd rather you guys spend your valuable time continuing to fine tune and tweak the froyo version of Sourcery :biggrin:

I agree with Yank - stay the course and improve on a superb rom. Gingerbread will be there down the road.

-Mike

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
A little bit of both

I say concentrate most of your effort on 2.0 (.1, .2, etc.)

Wait till some of the other guys have ironed out the kinks before starting into 2.3 (Gingerbread). I know CM's current nightlies seem to run reasonably well, but I still think it is too soon to jump onto the bandwagon.

I don't think that there will be any trouble getting Gingerbread to run on our old phones. I think it is just a matter of sitting down and slogging through all of it (and I bet there's a lot).

I say by the time you feel pretty good and finished with the 2.x ROM, it will be time to start on your first Gingerbread ROM.

Set a target for when to start to look at Gingerbread. Spring break maybe (mid-March).

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
That being said, if GB is successfully built on D1 I say go for it. But let the other guys figure it all out :tongue: I'd rather you guys spend your valuable time continuing to fine tune and tweak the froyo version of Sourcery :biggrin:

I don't think it is a matter of IF gingerbread will be successful on a D1, I think it is a matter of WHEN.

The guys at Cyanogen have already got a reasonably stable build of gingerbread for the D1, it isn't near being stamped stable yet, but it isn't horrible. I installed their nightly build #3 the other day and it seemed to be OK. I could make a call and everything.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

I don't think it is a matter of IF gingerbread will be successful on a D1, I think it is a matter of WHEN.

The guys at Cyanogen have already got a reasonably stable build of gingerbread for the D1, it isn't near being stamped stable yet, but it isn't horrible. I installed their nightly build #3 the other day and it seemed to be OK. I could make a call and everything.

Hey were working on allowing the droid 1 to make calls but its not a priority for sourcery . why is it people think phones should make calls?